This discussion is closed.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Ive applied for Law at Girton too! I guess Ill see you at interview day lol! :s

I sent my form on Monday (6 days ago) ... I reckon youll be fine getting it in on time, I mean the strikes have ended by now and the backlog should have been sorted.

You better not be too good lol ;-) Only kiddin' ... did you apply Open (like me) or direct to them? I was a bit annoyed I was put there cos its far away innit .. but I guess it will keep me fit cycling there every day lol!
Cool.. well I hope we both do get in

I applyed there because of the indoor pool.. and also I liked the look of it. I don't really mind about the distance. Hey at least you didn't get put in a single sex college.

The only downside is we have to do a test.. I have no idea what to expect. Hey I'll probably even see you there on the day!
Allotriophagy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'd like to think that John's will be scrupulously fair in their admissions procedure. I've been in touch with their admissions office for about a year now, visited a few times, stayed over in the college, gone to the summer schools and so on - they also helped me with my personal statements and so on, bless them. Been very encouraging, even though I know none of the staff and my only link is a friend who studied music there two years ago.

It's the best college.

a.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Oh My God!!
Ive just come on here- and have had my dreams of geting into cam destroyed!! I too am applyin to St Johns for Law- and one of my fellow applicants is in favour with the Dos just shows the injustice of this world"" Hehehe- just need to prove ourselves in da interview!!
Why are so many pple appyin to my college?????
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by matthew0421)
I applied for Christ's college, what about you? My form is blue, and I sent it back just two days after receiving it.( 18th,Oct)
Girton.. what subject?
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If the Unregistered person who is applying for law at John's is reading...do you have MSN? If so, add me and we can chat if you want. Would be interesting. [email protected]

a.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Cool.. well I hope we both do get in

I applyed there because of the indoor pool.. and also I liked the look of it. I don't really mind about the distance. Hey at least you didn't get put in a single sex college.

The only downside is we have to do a test.. I have no idea what to expect. Hey I'll probably even see you there on the day!
I know what is this 'apititude test' thingy about? I dont have a clue what Im gonna write I bet it will be a reeeeeally posh document or sumthing and we will have to write about 'the writers argument' or sum crap like that which i hate doing cos i cant do it lol

Do you know what its about? Is there anyone on this board who has sat a girton law aptitude test ... help meeeeee
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know what is this 'apititude test' thingy about? I dont have a clue what Im gonna write I bet it will be a reeeeeally posh document or sumthing and we will have to write about 'the writers argument' or sum crap like that which i hate doing cos i cant do it lol

Do you know what its about? Is there anyone on this board who has sat a girton law aptitude test ... help meeeeee
I'm just as stumped as you are.. and my school is absolutley no help! lol..

You can send me your e-mail address if you want so we can keep in touch
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Oh deary me, so much for that little format of posting I designed!! The discussion was supposed to go elsewhere. Hehehe, ah well!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Allotriophagy)
If the Unregistered person who is applying for law at John's is reading...do you have MSN? If so, add me and we can chat if you want. Would be interesting. [email protected]

a.
Hey havent gt Msn- bt just sent u an email!!
Gud luck, did u go on the sixth form law conf in march??
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Oh deary me, so much for that little format of posting I designed!! The discussion was supposed to go elsewhere. Hehehe, ah well!!!

Ooops.. sorry Adhsur
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sorry Adhsur...got a bit carried away!

a.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Work experience is for kids. I am a mature student.

~whimpers~

a.
u are brave not applying 2 a grad college!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Hey I've applied for Law too.. but at Girton- still have to send in the application so I haven't got a date. I'll do it tomoz
Going to do it by special delivery? Because I'm going to send mine tomorrow and I can't trust the mail with first class to get it in on time...
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Going to do it by special delivery? Because I'm going to send mine tomorrow and I can't trust the mail with first class to get it in on time...
:confused: dunno.. will that make any difference? Since it has to go through the same route anyway..

Did you find out about the Maths thing? I phone up the admissions office and she said to write the individual topics rather than the modules..
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
wow, it's crazy!
i didn't know so many ppl were applying 2 st john's, but i suppose i should have known better, it being the second biggest college or whatever...
i'm applying for medicine, but i'm not 2 hopeful, after the disaster which was the bmat!
is anyone else applying 2 st john's for medicine?
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
u are brave not applying 2 a grad college!
I suppose I could have applied to Hughes/Wolfson/St.Edmund's but...I just didn't like them. Some colleges just grab you and won't let go, forcing you to make a complete tit of yourself by applying...only once they have exhausted you and thrown you into the murky Cam whislt laughing their head off do you realise it was all a sham...a sham...

~cough~

John's is the only college I like. They have a good policy for mature student applications and their admissions office is run by ANGELS.

a.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
:confused: dunno.. will that make any difference? Since it has to go through the same route anyway..

Did you find out about the Maths thing? I phone up the admissions office and she said to write the individual topics rather than the modules..
Well the lousy guy that helps us out with these things (my Economics teacher oops) wasn't in on Thursday or Friday. So I thought I would look up the syllabuses and put the individual topics in each module. Probably like Admissions said to you. Though I doubt there is enough space on the form... and do we got to put those topics we're doing or just the AS ones?

I think Special Delivery is faster. First class is supposed to take five days on average, but that's cutting it fine! Might as well shell out I suppose.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I suppose I could have applied to Hughes/Wolfson/St.Edmund's but...I just didn't like them. Some colleges just grab you and won't let go, forcing you to make a complete tit of yourself by applying...only once they have exhausted you and thrown you into the murky Cam whislt laughing their head off do you realise it was all a sham...a sham...

~cough~

John's is the only college I like. They have a good policy for mature student applications and their admissions office is run by ANGELS.

a.
St Edmunds is so poor man, their pool table is like a desk and it's falling apart!
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Well the lousy guy that helps us out with these things (my Economics teacher oops) wasn't in on Thursday or Friday. So I thought I would look up the syllabuses and put the individual topics in each module. Probably like Admissions said to you. Though I doubt there is enough space on the form... and do we got to put those topics we're doing or just the AS ones?

I think Special Delivery is faster. First class is supposed to take five days on average, but that's cutting it fine! Might as well shell out I suppose.
Yeh you have to also put the topics you've already done in your course.. i really hope they don't quiz me on it in the interview!!

I didn't have enough room so I went on to the next line- I dont think it really matters..
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeh you have to also put the topics you've already done in your course.. i really hope they don't quiz me on it in the interview!!

I didn't have enough room so I went on to the next line- I dont think it really matters..
True, so long as they see what you've done.
They probably won't quiz you on your A-Levels unless you're doing Law...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (226)
51.13%
No (216)
48.87%

Watched Threads