Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will come out victorious?

And also, while we're at it - whom do you tip to win the entire tournament?

England may on paper be favourites, however I'm not convinced they have the consistency or pedigree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)

England may on paper be favourites, however I'm not convinced they have the consistency or pedigree.
    I hate to say it, but i think it's going to be France, and I tip them to win...

ReputationRep:
    They've certainly looked impressive so far. I was thinking along those lines too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    They've certainly looked impressive so far. I was thinking along those lines too.
    Whatever happens, they're some good rugby coming up...

ReputationRep:
    I've got to be honest, I am scared about the prospect of playing a confident French side.

But this England team has at least one big performance in them... everyone knowns England have struggled to play at even 50% of what they are capable of. If they start working like we know they can, then France and then NZ will be in some trouble.

My heart is still very much with England. My head though, I think NZ will beat England come the final and it pains me to say that.

(Original post by Alec)

England compiled the ratings that put them at world number 1 according to broadcasters today on ITV - other nations do not agree!!
    I think France will beat England and NZ will beat Australia.
    It will be a France - NZ final and France will win, I reckon. So does my bro who said months ago that France will win and he got odds of 30-1 on that happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered11)
    So does my bro who said months ago that France will win and he got odds of 30-1 on that happening.
    Well, if your brother agrees with you...

ReputationRep:
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1 eh Tek?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1 eh Tek?
    Code:
    <Luigi30> someone ping flood 127.0.0.1
    <Luigi30> he keeps trying to hack me
    <Luigi30> nm
    <Floach> This, folks, is why Mario always gets the Princess.

(Original post by Tek)
    Well, if your brother agrees with you...
    No, wrong way round Tek - I agree with him but only because France are now in the semi-final! As I said, he backed France long before the world cup started and it looks as though he might be onto a good little earner - he has a 4 in 1 chance so the odds have lessened considerably ne c'est pas?

ReputationRep:
    No, wrong way round Tek - I agree with him but only because France are now in the semi-final! As I said, he backed France long before the world cup started and it looks as though he might be onto a good little earner - he has a 4 in 1 chance so the odds have lessened considerably ne c'est pas?
    He still agrees with you though, doesn't he?

(Original post by Tek)
    He still agrees with you though, doesn't he?
    If you say so!

ReputationRep:
    If you say so!
    There is no way round to having an agreement, is there? For instance, he could agree with you and therefore you would automatically agree with him. He could hardly agree with you but you not agree with him (unless on two separate subjects).

ReputationRep:
    Shhhh don't say the E-word, you'll jinx them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    There is no way round to having an agreement, is there? For instance, he could agree with you and therefore you would automatically agree with him. He could hardly agree with you but you not agree with him (unless on two separate subjects).
    PLease shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Shhhh don't say the E-word, you'll jinx them!
    England, England, England, England, England, England, England, England,England, England...

jinxed yet? *bitter scottish supporter*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    England, England, England, England, England, England, England, England,England, England...

jinxed yet? *bitter scottish supporter*

lou xxx
    Nehiiiiiiiiiiiii...!!!

ReputationRep:
    My assessment of the teams so far;

NZ - Impressive. Good flair in passing game and competent pack play. Kicking game is a weakness

England - Patchy. Will need to improve.

France -Outstanding. THe best team so far. A mixture of flair and powerful pack play. Will be hard to beat on top form.

Australia - Dissapointing. Few selection changes would solve this problem.

Ireland - Reasonable. Played v.well against Australia and deserved to win. Were outclassed by the French.

Wales - Excellent. Spirit combined with good players is hard to overcome.

Scotland - Crap. Nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    england struggled to beat a tired wales. they should have won by so much more- and more to do on skil not on wales giving penalty points away.

if england want to beat france they are gonna have to pull out something spektakluar next weekend.

personally i think australia will win because they have the crowd- which can change the whole perspective of a game to the team.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Senegal? Whoops. You meant rugby right? lol.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.