Turn on thread page Beta

I thought the 3rd installment of the Matrix trilogy sucked!!! The only highlight was the attack on Zion, and the kung-fu was out of hand, with flying and the rest of it.
    As well as this, there simply wasnt enough of a story, and memorable moments. I feel that the Matrix Reloaded had more to offer with the appearance of The Twins, and the car chase.
    The Wachowski brothers have taken things too far- the Matrix original was the epitomy of cool and they have wrecked the trilogy with c*** screenwriting - What do you think?

it was stupid and over-rated. Worst 2 hours of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....maybe that you're wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I thought the 3rd installment of the Matrix trilogy sucked!!! The only highlight was the attack on Zion, and the kung-fu was out of hand, with flying and the rest of it.
    As well as this, there simply wasnt enough of a story, and memorable moments. I feel that the Matrix Reloaded had more to offer with the appearance of The Twins, and the car chase.
    The Wachowski brothers have taken things too far- the Matrix original was the epitomy of cool and they have wrecked the trilogy with c*** screenwriting - What do you think?
    i agree....i saw it last night and i was yawning through the whole thing.
    the firts one was good, the second one was ok, but the third one sucked.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite good overall, and at least had a decent amount of closure at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I thought it was quite good overall, and at least had a decent amount of closure at the end.
    wot it exactly did it close? it seems to me that the matrix was restarted yet wasnt the whole point of the war to destroy the matrix? was all the stuff about the previous ones true? who exactly was the oracle? it didnt bring any closure... a HUGE disappointment

(Original post by Ghost Walker)
    Hmmm....maybe that you're wrong!
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    wot it exactly did it close? it seems to me that the matrix was restarted yet wasnt the whole point of the war to destroy the matrix? was all the stuff about the previous ones true? who exactly was the oracle? it didnt bring any closure... a HUGE disappointment
    I guess there are two interpreatations:

(1) All the previous times there had been a war and zion had been destroyed. However, this time, the oracle, togther with the architect, planned the whole thing to create peace between the machines and the humans (thus why Neo chose the door that the 'other' neos 'supposedly' had not). Thus the whole thing was planned, and both sides live on.

or

(2) There is a possiblity that there is still two matrices, one inside another, which would explain the yellow light outside the first matrix. This would account for the machines desire to kill smith, otherwise he would take other both matrices.

ReputationRep:
    I guess there are two interpreatations:

(1) All the previous times there had been a war and zion had been destroyed. However, this time, the oracle, togther with the architect, planned the whole thing to create peace between the machines and the humans (thus why Neo chose the door that the 'other' neos 'supposedly' had not). Thus the whole thing was planned, and both sides live on.

or

(2) There is a possiblity that there is still two matrices, one inside another, which would explain the yellow light outside the first matrix. This would account for the machines desire to kill smith, otherwise he would take other both matrices.
    the whole fact that there are numerous interpretations is what is so disappointing...the feeling of confusion after the first two matrix movies was brilliant but this third one really needed to bring it all to a conclusive end. the bros claimed they would leave "no stones unturned" yet it seems they barely answered anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    the whole fact that there are numerous interpretations is what is so disappointing...the feeling of confusion after the first two matrix movies was brilliant but this third one really needed to bring it all to a conclusive end. the bros claimed they would leave "no stones unturned" yet it seems they barely answered anything
    I beg to differ. i think that they a lot has been accounted for, and there can only be a couple of different interpretations, which isn't perhaps such a bad thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    It didnt get restarted, it got delted

i agree. the final film was suppose to explai everything and it didn't. The best part was the battle sence. The Matrix films are like the terminator films in terms of opinion.

First One was ok, Second One was the best, Third One Crap (so i've heard from my mates)

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ. i think that they a lot has been accounted for, and there can only be a couple of different interpretations, which isn't perhaps such a bad thing...
    ok then...explain to me exactly what the oracle was and what game was she playing? was the matrix restarted again? was the talk of the previous ones true or not? how could neo see in the real world? how could smith get into the real world? all these questions were supposed to be answered in the film, not open to different interpretations.

ReputationRep:
    OMG its gotta be one of the best movies of ALL TIME!!! The SPECIAL EFECTS and the way the script was written, is totally mind boggiling. YOu haven't experienced the FULL MATRIX and the THEORY with out watching this. AS ALWAYS KEANU plays his role excellently backed up by Lawrence Fishburne, OH MY GOD its GOOD!. YOU GOTTA WATCH IT, if only just for the fight scenes alone!!! I RECOMEND THIS!!!

I haven't actually watched it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    OMG its gotta be one of the best movies of ALL TIME!!! The SPECIAL EFECTS and the way the script was written, is totally mind boggiling. YOu haven't experienced the FULL MATRIX and the THEORY with out watching this. AS ALWAYS KEANU plays his role excellently backed up by Lawrence Fishburne, OH MY GOD its GOOD!. YOU GOTTA WATCH IT, if only just for the fight scenes alone!!! I RECOMEND THIS!!!

I haven't actually watched it yet.
    backed up by lawrence fishburne? in all of his 2 scenes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    backed up by lawrence fishburne? in all of his 2 scenes?
    Well he has a way of grabbing your attention,

Like I said though, I haven't actually watched it yet, but would you recommend it?

im a smart guy, i even understood donnie darko to a degree, but even i had to look up on the net explanations for that wacky ending.
    J

ReputationRep:
    i thought that the third matrix film was kool. I usually like all films. It kool wen they don't answer all the questions as the "buzz" of the film doesn't finish. If you knwo the end, all the answers then the film is finsihed. Eg. if you have Sky digital and watch Sci-fi you will knwo this. There is a series kalled John Doe. Its really kool, probmel is that they made only 21 episodes kos on the last one you find out who he really is and then you kant do mcuh more to it. Where as in the matirx, you actually don't really knwo the answer do u? U have to ponder about it.

They will probably tell the answer in the "Matrix Online" game....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    im a smart guy, i even understood donnie darko to a degree, but even i had to look up on the net explanations for that wacky ending.
    J
    Which website did you go to for explanations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Well he has a way of grabbing your attention,

Like I said though, I haven't actually watched it yet, but would you recommend it?
    no he is amazing in the matrix flims, but the whole point is that you see more of the peripheral characters that no one cares about than you do of morhpheus which is a real shame.

id recommend u go watch it to make up your own mind but its just left me feeling disappointed

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.