This discussion is closed.
minirichardo
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
im applying to do medical science,antomy,neuroscence n other related curses.But i dont know ho to star m prsonal statemnt, bcause you haveto say in he first paragrap why u chose the course but mine are a bit differet.HOW CAN I INCLUDE THEM ALL
loftx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by minirichardo)
im applying to do medical science,antomy,neuroscence n other related curses.But i dont know ho to star m prsonal statemnt, bcause you haveto say in he first paragrap why u chose the course but mine are a bit differet.HOW CAN I INCLUDE THEM ALL
Yeah it's not easy, but at least your subjects are kind of similar.

Firstly what courses are you intending to take at what universities? eg f you are doing medsci at 4 and 2 different things at your other two choices it would make sense to focus your statement on medsci.

Secondly why do you want to take each course - put down as many reasons as you can and hoepfully there should be a common theme. If you really can't think of a good reason - then you should'nt be doing that course.

When it comes to writing a personal statment you properbly want to talk around what subject you want to do and focus more on what you are currently doing at school/college and how it would help.

Hope that helps - reply back with answers to the abovce questions and i might be able to help a bit more.

Tom
Red_Taboo
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
i applied for human sciences/biomedical sciences and my starting line was....
Being fascinated by biological processes i have always wanted to do a degree concerned with the human body and modern scientific investigation.
hope it helps in some way
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Yeah it's not easy, but at least your subjects are kind of similar.

Firstly what courses are you intending to take at what universities? eg f you are doing medsci at 4 and 2 different things at your other two choices it would make sense to focus your statement on medsci.

Secondly why do you want to take each course - put down as many reasons as you can and hoepfully there should be a common theme. If you really can't think of a good reason - then you should'nt be doing that course.

When it comes to writing a personal statment you properbly want to talk around what subject you want to do and focus more on what you are currently doing at school/college and how it would help.

Hope that helps - reply back with answers to the abovce questions and i might be able to help a bit more.

Tom
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

The reason im not just choosing med science is my tutor has put me right off,telling me not to put al my eggs in one basket,and lots of medicine rejects will also apply for med sciencethey would be accepted before me because of my pedicted grades wich are by the way Physics B Geog B Maths Pure/Stat B ive also got an A S Biology C.Im applying to Birm Med science Bris Neuroscience Birm Physiology Bris Anatomy.Do you think my tutor is taking rubbish shoould I just apply for med science at all unis.What if i dont get accepted what would i do then
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (34)
13.88%
Virtual campus tours/open days (53)
21.63%
Live streaming events (24)
9.8%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (24)
9.8%
A uni comparison tool (57)
23.27%
An in-person event when available (53)
21.63%