The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you go and sit by them then, say hello...
gapyear111
Am I the only person that finds it EXTREMELY rude that ethnic minorities always sit together at school, college uni etc?
They make absolutely no effort to integrate, I dont understand it!

And before you start, im not a racist, im just curiious

Ive never found that to be the case.
Reply 3
Why do all the white kids sit together?
Atleast this thread doesn't mention the R word in it.

Does it really matter? Do you really care that much?

I know a white person who has mostly Asian friends.

To be honest, do you make the effort to sit with Asian or Black students? I guess not.
I don't notice this.
Reply 6
It's always nice to mix with 'your own type' of people too but it's not like they're scared of others..
Reply 7
What kind of school do you go to?

I sorta know what you mean, it's just about security and socialiabity, either that or they are fighting the powers!
Reply 8
Well if all the ethnic minorities sit together then obviously all the white peple sit together too.

It's just a way of life, of course they integrate but you know....stick to what you know and all that.
Rubix
Nah, it's only the chinese. The rest are cool.

I have noticed this though! Why?
Chinese guys always have chinese girlfriends as well. Bummer.
i guess its sorta human instinct to stay with people that you are most similar to
Reply 11
gapyear111
i think you're the racist darling, you clearly have something against chinese people!

No I'm just stating observable facts. Your **** stirring

And don't darling me.
Ethnic nepotism.
Reply 13
i dont find it EXTREMELY rude just coz they sit together

but if they start it taking the piss and turning their nose up at people from other races...then, ya, thats out of order
Reply 14
gapyear111
Am I the only person that finds it EXTREMELY rude that ethnic minorities always sit together at school, college uni etc?
They make absolutely no effort to integrate, I dont understand it!

And before you start, im not a racist, im just curiious

well if you're sitting in a room with 18 white people and lets say there are only 2 of the same ethnic people in your class, wouldn't you sit with the group that you have more in common with at first? I guess some people may find it difficult to sit with other races they don't really have much in common with. If you're that desperate go and talk to them. If they shun you then I would say it's EXTREMELY RUDE, otherwise let them be :yes:
Reply 15
crikey, maybe because they are friends? why don't YOU integrate with them nitwit?
I think this depends on the environment these 'ethnic minorities' find themselves in (i.e. how the other ethnic groups act)

It's hard to answer questions like these without resorting to racial stereotyping
Reply 17
02mik_e
well if you're sitting in a room with 18 white people and lets say there are only 2 of the same ethnic people in your class, wouldn't you sit with the group that you have more in common with at first? I guess some people may find it difficult to sit with other races they don't really have much in common with. If you're that desperate go and talk to them. If they shun you then I would say it's EXTREMELY RUDE, otherwise let them be :yes:

they dont shun me as such but i dont like the way they talk.
the black people call each other names, which they obviously can't call me.
and the asian people, especially the girls actually, won't stop saying init, which drives me mad
Rubix
Your just being racist
Its only the chinese, because they think they're superior

I guess I must be a fecking anomaly then darling.....
Reply 19
there are groups like at my school, but I have intergrated with people who don't want to segregate!
ATM I'm doing my 18th list, and reading this post has just made me realise 3/11 are white!

Latest

Trending

Trending