Help! Hate the new brunette hair, how do I go back blonde asap!!?? Watch

xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I went brunette this morning. I said 'light brown' but somehow the stylist heard 'black'! It's very, very dark and I look really washed out, practically ill. I have never felt this ugly

Anyway, how do I go back blonde as quickly (and cheaply) as possible, with the least damage to my hair?

Please help, I can't wear a hat forever!

P.S.
No disrespect to brunettes, most of you look gorgeous - but it does me no favours at all!
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The colour will settle down after a few washes, you should wait a week.
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It really will lighten up a hell of a lot.
emilyjane_09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it'll lighten fairly quickly. If you dye it again now, you'll wreck it.
xmarilynx
Rep:
?
OK, so after a week or so and a few washes, if I still hate it....how do I go back then?
sigstuff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you want it down right away then get the colour stripped out, it may not be so good for your hair though but its the quickest way.
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went from blonde to dark brown and the colour faded really quickly. Leave it for the sake of your hair :tongue: I would recommend the hairdressers for lightening even though its expensive as if it goes wrong, it will go REALLY wrong..
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xmarilynx)
OK, so after a week or so and a few washes, if I still hate it....how do I go back then?
Was it naturally blonde to start with, or bleached that way in the first place? Because if it was bleached before being dyed brown, your hair will become like straw and wrecked if you bleach it again in the next 4-6 months.
And there is no cheap way of going blonde - the home dye kits just aren't strong enough; the hairdresser's is the way to get it right.
Marykate5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was seriously in the same position as you a few weeks ago. I had had blondish coloured hair for a while, when i decided because i was sikc of seeing the roots coming through that I should go back to my original colour. Only the colour was so darkI hated it-I got home and cried. My mum said that if I washed it then in the first few washes I would see dye coming out-and I did but it wasn't brown and there was only a little bit. But seriously wait-the colour will look really dark now but it fades a lot. Wait a few weeks and I bet it will look nicer to you. If not then go to a hairdresser and ask for advice on going back to blonde.
xkarenlouisex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went brunette this morning. I said 'light brown' but somehow the stylist heard 'black'! It's very, very dark and I look really washed out, practically ill. I have never felt this ugly

Anyway, how do I go back blonde as quickly (and cheaply) as possible, with the least damage to my hair?

P.S.
No disrespect to brunettes, most of you look gorgeous - but it does me no favours at all!
Im bleached blonde with brown , i've also been brown all over twice and gone back blonde within a week the colour fades, and all i did was get my hair gradually bleached again. Ok so it might not be the best for your hair but it worked for me, depends on the strength and condition of your hair just be careful and get sound advice
theblonde
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The brown will wash out, but if you really really want to hurry the proccess along, use Head and Shoulders shampoo + conditioner, it's awful for coloured hair and is known to encourage colour to wash out - so you could try that? x
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The colour will fade quite a lot, but not fully. Maybe ask your hairdresser (or another one, if you feel you can't trust this one!) to put a weave of highlights through your hair. You pick two or three other colours and have the highlights weaved through 3/4 of your hair, making it overall look lighter. You go back maybe 3 times, and it'll be back to blonde. That's what I did, and it looks great. It's very expensive though, I pay about £75 a time.

Don't have it stripped, your hair will not thank you for it, and it will almost definitely look awful.
xmarilynx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joanna May)
The colour will fade quite a lot, but not fully. Maybe ask your hairdresser (or another one, if you feel you can't trust this one!) to put a weave of highlights through your hair. You pick two or three other colours and have the highlights weaved through 3/4 of your hair, making it overall look lighter. You go back maybe 3 times, and it'll be back to blonde. That's what I did, and it looks great. It's very expensive though, I pay about £75 a time.

Don't have it stripped, your hair will not thank you for it, and it will almost definitely look awful.

£75 a time!? Ouch! That works out over £200!
That sounds like the best and most hair-friendly plan, but bloody expensive!
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
£75 a time!? Ouch! That works out over £200!
That sounds like the best and most hair-friendly plan, but bloody expensive!
Well that's what I pay, your hairdressers might be cheaper. It's definitely the best way to go. After just one session it's quite a lot lighter, but if you ever want to be considered blonde again, you'd need more than that. I had three sessions before my hair was a darkish blonde.

Just remember this in future! Going darker is dead easy, but going lighter is a long and expensive process, unless you want to ruin your hair.
xmarilynx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joanna May)
Going darker is dead easy, but going lighter is a long and expensive process, unless you want to ruin your hair.
I already knew this, but thought I'd take a gamble.
I asked for a really light brown, so I thought it would be quite easy to fix. Unfortunately I didn't bargain on getting an emo 'do!
Debris
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

P.S.
You're bloody gorgeous :redface:
SuicidalLemming
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When I went from brown to blonde about 3 weeks ago, I bleached it myself so it went white, and then dyed it blonde. Worked pretty well and my hair is fine. Wouldn't recommend it though as some peoples hair wouldn't be able to take it, whereas mines been fine.
xmarilynx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Debris)
You're bloody gorgeous :redface:
Thanks, you should probably be using past tense though!
Are you male or female btw?
Debris
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks, you should probably be using past tense though!
Are you male or female btw?
Male baby :awesome:
Gemmaaaalouise
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I wanted to go back blonde I used the hair b4 stuff you can get from boots or Wilkos but it takes a few times as you go ginger first or you could use bleach but also that can go wrong as it makes your hair like straw if it's not strong enough, better off asking your hairdressers as they have the correct stuff to use and your hair won't turn to straw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads

Latest