The Student Room Group
Whats everyones opinions on fur coats?

I am personally 'proper lusting' over a (faux) fur coat and have been on the hunt for a looooooooooong time.

Preferably brown and like hip/mid-thigh length. Max 40 squid.

I have looked in vtg shops and am constantly scouting ebay, but still no such luck.

Any suggestions?
:biggrin:
Tesco had some really nice ones in the sale for £25 yesterday. New Look as well.
Reply 4
I absolutely adore them :smile:
I have a creamy one! £7 from a charity shop

Just have a look round
Reply 5
I know you say you've tried vintage shops, but what about vintage fairs? I don't know whereabouts you are, but in Leeds/Manchester there are fairs on fairly regularly. Last time I went to one I saw loads of fake fur coats, most of them like the length you describe - I bagged one for myself for £30, and it's pretty decent. Try googling for vintage fashion fairs in your area, you might find something
Reply 6
Heres one on marthas closet but don't know if its your size, keep checking the site they always have stuff like that.

http://www.marthascloset.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=4371

:proud:
Flossi
I know you say you've tried vintage shops, but what about vintage fairs? I don't know whereabouts you are, but in Leeds/Manchester there are fairs on fairly regularly. Last time I went to one I saw loads of fake fur coats, most of them like the length you describe - I bagged one for myself for £30, and it's pretty decent. Try googling for vintage fashion fairs in your area, you might find something

Ooh yeah, if you're near London try Alexandra Palace fairs or Camden market.
I saw some in New Look today for a tenner... I was soooo tempted to get one but I was with my mom and she was all "EURGH who would wear that?!" and a girl tried it on and her boyf said, "you look like a DOG", and if I got it my boyf would think I look stupid.

But yeah, New Look. And it's deffo fake fur, which is good.
kookoo_koochoo
and a girl tried it on and her boyf said, "you look like a DOG"

Haha!

Never what you want to hear!!

Latest

Trending

Trending