The Student Room Group

What's the best Film Trilogy?

I went to see the Matrix Revolutions the other day, I must say I was quite disappointed. The Matrix was supposed to be a trilogy. Normally one expects parts 1 and 3 to be the best parts, (the beginning and the end) but not so for the Matrix. Revolutions lacked story and cognitive plot. I found that despite the normal "tough on the brain" thinking, it was too vague in places. In other places, it was rushed and pretty cheesey. This deprives the Matrix from being given my fave film trilogy award. Personally I predict that this will lie with the "Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.

What's your favourite film trilogy? Why? I'd like to hear your thoughts :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
die hard :smile:
Reply 2
Once upon a time in China.
Reply 3
The Godfather I, II and III

and Star Wars IV, V and VI
Reply 4
Linda

Fogot about the GF series, damn. I got the collection :biggrin:
Reply 5
Bhaal85
Once upon a time in China.

you have a quality sig now bhaal; doesnt look like its been done in MS paint lol
i agree taht the last Matrix movie was dissapointing. But i would have said Lord of the Rings anyway.

i havn't seen Teriminator 3, so i can't really vote on that (cos i loved the first two films)
Reply 7
edders
you have a quality sig now bhaal; doesnt look like its been done in MS paint lol

lol. Could of been worse, coulda been pics of the tories, done by MS Paint with only black and white. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 8
i havn't seen Teriminator 3, so i can't really vote on that (cos i loved the first two films)

dnt bother!! T3 is well disappointing!!
Gotta be Godfather. . .no contest!
Reply 9
escape from la (oh god its so awful)

no red dragon > silence of the lambs > hannibal
so so so funny
Linda

godfather all the way.
Reply 11
1)God Father Trilogy. Aww yeah baby!!!
2)Back To The Future.
3)INDIANA JONES

But Batman and batman returns. Not a trilogy I know, but good all the same. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Back to the Future.
Reply 13
Bigcnee
Back to the Future.

duh dur, dur dhur, cant remeber the theme....if you know how it goes...post it.
Reply 14
start wars IV-VI all the way, no questions asked
Reply 15
God father all the way u now it makes sense
Star Wars - Episodes IV, V and VI
Back to the Future
Austin Powers
Reply 17
matrix triology didnt work too well...i wasnt impressed! :mad:
Alien - excluding Alien^3. Aliens is a great film...and resurrection is funny...alien was good but it hasn't aged as well as aliens.
Reply 19
Man, how could i forget back to the furture. i got the box set on DVD for christmas last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending