The Student Room Group

GCSE mock results compared to final results.

I was just wondering how much everyone improved from their mock results..?
Any massive increases?? Or did anyone evem get worse results than they did in their mocks?

Scroll to see replies

My mocks were average, but my actual GCSE's were a lot better. Don't worry, just revise.
Reply 2
All of my mock results were lower than my actual results. For maths, my mock results were a C and a D on the two papers, but in the actual exams I got an A*. I've never taken mocks seriously, though...
Reply 3
Mocks are normally marked very harshly compared with the real thing so as to scare you into revising, 4 years ago, I got a E in my mock gcse history and came out with a B in the end.
Reply 4
I got less in my acual GCSEs than I did in my mocks. I'm a real loser :frown:...
I got a mix of As and A*s for both mocks and the real thing. Although i did better in my final results. I really wouldn't put too much weight on mock grades, treat them as a motivational tool or a checkpoint (depending on how well you did) if anything.
Eng. Lit = D - A
Eng. Lan = C - A
Maths = B - A*
Psychology = A* - A*
Additional Science = A* - A*
R.S. = A* - B
Citizenship = B - A*
Above are all the subjects i did mock examinations in. The grades in bold are the grades i actually attained. The grades that aren't in bold are the grades i attained in the mocks.
Reply 7
you shd reli aim t use yoiur mocks as a benchmark..nd improve on wt u did rong
Reply 8
Rubbish in mocks so the actual real ones were a pleasant surprise although still mediocre in comparison to TSRians:rolleyes:
Give or take one or two I got exactly the same grades for my mocks as the real ones
Well_Hello
I was just wondering how much everyone improved from their mock results..?
Any massive increases?? Or did anyone evem get worse results than they did in their mocks?

I got worse. In my mocks I got 4 A* 5A 1B 1U

in my actual I got 6A and 5B :mad:
I got roughly the same as my mocks, improving a bit in the sciences and staying the same in everything else. It depends on how seriously you took the mocks and how well you revised for them. If you didn't bother to revise much, but revise lots for the real thing then your grades should improve, if you revise well for them both then they'll probably stay the same or go up a little bit.

EDIT: just found my mock results: (mock first, real second)
German A*-A*
Geog - A*-A*
Citizenship A*-A*
Chem - A - A*
History - A*-A*
Biology - A* - A
Physics - A - A*
Eng Lit - A - A
English - A - A*

Oh and I took RE in yr 10, mock was a B (75%) and real thing was A* (96%) :smile:
I didn't bother with mocks tbh. At our school as well they mark too high to make you improve so for example it'd be 85-90% for A*. Anywho, I got BBBBBBCCC in the mocks then A*A*A*A*A*A*AAB in the real ones
My GCSE mock grades use to be terrible they'd range from C-E but in the end I got 1A 7Bs and 1C just goes to show that mocks mean nothing. Good luck on your final exam :smile:
Actually it might have been the other way round in the mocks: CCCCCCBBB. I'm not sure
In R.S. I improved from a D (1 mark above an E lol) in my mock to an A* in the actual exam :biggrin:
Reply 16
i dropped 2 grades in the end.
Mine were a mix. For some subjects, like sociology where in my mock I got an A*, I went down in the real thing because I got too big headed and then did no work (got a B in the end), and some subjects, like maths where I'd received an E, I improved because I worked my ******** of to get that result (I got a B in the end). But tbf, I was pretty lazy in year 11, so I dropped a few grades in my "real thing" in comparison to my mocks.
Reply 18
Clements-
I didn't bother with mocks tbh. At our school as well they mark too high to make you improve so for example it'd be 85-90% for A*. Anywho, I got BBBBBBCCC in the mocks then A*A*A*A*A*A*AAB in the real ones

impressive
my mock results averaged at about a D, but i got an average of A in my GCSE. just revise, i have no doubts u will improve!

Quick Reply

Latest