The Student Room Group

GCSE mock results compared to final results.

Scroll to see replies

I think I did better in the real things. I got a CC in science mock and AA in the real ones :dance:
DMed
Mocks are normally marked very harshly compared with the real thing so as to scare you into revising, 4 years ago, I got a E in my mock gcse history and came out with a B in the end.

A friend of mine got EE in her Double Science mock and came out with A*A*. And for Lit (the real IGCSE) she forgot to bring the set texts and made up the quotes. Came out with an A* too... "Oh, come on, they don't check quotes".

Everybody was like, are you ******** me!
Most of my mock results went up a grade.
Well_Hello
I don't want to get in a great debate about whose got the better future prospects. I'm not going to continue arguing and I regret that I ever started.. I just want to know why you started adding irrelevant comments to this thread?

Because it tickled my fancy, is that ok?
Well_Hello
I was just wondering how much everyone improved from their mock results..?
Any massive increases?? Or did anyone evem get worse results than they did in their mocks?

My actual GCSEs were 1-2 grades better than my mocks.

Maths for example went up from a low D to a high B
French went up from a high B to an A*
Science, never my strong point, went up from a D to C (well CC really - dual award thinggy).
I generally did a lot better in the real thing.

My best increase was 44% in physics mock -> A* in the actual exam. Went on to get an A in A level physics and now do Mechanical Engineering as a degree which has a lot of physics in it. go me
Reply 66
dignity
Because he's obviously tOo cooL!!1~ for the nerds on this forum who got better grades than him.

EDIT:
Oh, surprise surprise. He removed his profile picture after I threatened to tell the person whose picture it really is.

I don't understand why he took it. No offence to the real person, but it wasn't an amazing one or anything?
Reply 67
Well_Hello
I don't understand why he took it. No offence to the real person, but it wasn't an amazing one or anything?

I know. If you're going to steal a photo of someone, at least make it someone attractive.
FutureMedic!
Eng. Lit = D - A
Eng. Lan = C - A
Maths = B - A*
Psychology = A* - A*
Additional Science = A* - A*
R.S. = A* - B
Citizenship = B - A*
Above are all the subjects i did mock examinations in. The grades in bold are the grades i actually attained. The grades that aren't in bold are the grades i attained in the mocks.

When did you start revising?
Reply 69
My mocks were like A-C but real things were A*-B so yeah..but I didn't try for mocks which is why they were lower..still the same now..Maths C1 last year - mock 2 weeks before exam = D, exam = A lol.
Reply 70
I only did mocks for six subjects, and I got 4A*s, 2As. Real things I got 5A*s and 5As, so I probably overall did a bit worse in the real ones...
In my mocks i got: Actual results i got:

English + Lit- A and a B A A
Biology- A* A*
Chemistry- A* A*
Maths- B A
Statistics- C B
Geography- A* A*
History- A* A*
German- A B - went down :frown:
Food- A A
ICT- A A*
RE- A* A*
Just to clarify, the letters highlighted in bold are what i got in the end.
jamessimth5
When did you start revising?

The only exam i actually revised a lot for was psychology. Oh and english lit, the poems mostly. Other than that it was a night or so before each exam. Grab yourself some CGP revision books and you'll be sorted. :biggrin:
I was predicted ten A*s from my mocks, but ended up achieving fewer than that.

Revise kids! :yep:
Reply 75
FutureMedic!
The only exam i actually revised a lot for was psychology. Oh and english lit, the poems mostly. Other than that it was a night or so before each exam. Grab yourself some CGP revision books and you'll be sorted. :biggrin:

So how did you improve so much?
Well_Hello
So how did you improve so much?

i personally think that schools are really harsh with the marking in order to scare you into preparing more for the actual exams.
FutureMedic!

Cheers nice one.
Reply 78
MalcomNewMoney84
I am, with your mum mate, I'm upstairs chilling with her :smile:

Lol
Went up a grade in some, stayed the same in some.
They say people in general do go up a grade though, so....

Quick Reply

Latest