which a levels have coursework in them as a module, in as and a2
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
which a levels have coursework in them as a module, in as and a2
A vast majority do at some stage of the course, mainly so that it acts as a form of assessment for your research skills.

There is very little way around it unfortunately.

But in terms of coursework as an entire module; I know that Geography normally does; there was a unit of coursework based on the Field Trip in the AS, and an extended research essay in the A2 which was half a module.
NeuroticSurgeon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know English Literature, History, Chemistry, Biology and Physics do. I'm not sure about the rest.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
In AQA Economics, one module in A2 is a cursework/case study. In Maths certain modules include coursework as about 20% of the module. Politics has a synoptic module. Can anyone tell me what that means???
NeuroticSurgeon
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
A synoptic module is taking everything you've learnt over the other various modules, and then applying them all in the same context/exam question. Basically it's seeing how everything fits in together. RS Ethics and Philosophy also has one of those... as does Maths I believe.
Chris_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NeuroticSurgeon)
I know English Literature, History, Chemistry, Biology and Physics do. I'm not sure about the rest.
For AQA..

Biology has a full coursework module at AS but not at A-level, and..
Physics doesnt have one at either, it is worth about 30% of a module in both years
NeuroticSurgeon
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm probably thinking a different exam board then....I think for science it is Edexcel. For the rest AQA. Sorry.
MatthewWxm
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NeuroticSurgeon)
To that add English language at both AS and A2.
house roof
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hi iam new and i really need help in health and social care avce cousework asap. someone please help can they send me their coursework. Thanx so much.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads