This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I currently have a 3210 (yes an oldie 3210) on T-mobile Pay As You Go Everyone. Now, I have a job, I'm finding I'm txting loads more and though I'm loads of credit I'm going through my credit really fast and its annoying my mum like hell.

I put £10 on my mobile every month and a halfish and it costs me 10p per text.

Anyway, I have seen loads of ads for an o2 thingy - 6000 free txts a year BUT you have to put £10 on your phone per month.

As a full time sixth form student with a really low paid job, I can't really afford to be having to pay loads on my mobile. Any ideas? (preferable WITHOUT having to buy a new phone)
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Orange do Orange out here which is 5 (i think it might be 3 instead) free texts a day for a year, which IIRC is £20 though you get £5 credit with it.

Theres also Tesco mobile *cough cough* where you can get texts for 5p each though i think thats only to other tesco mobile customers.

BT also have a pay as you go thing but i thought it was £10 a month for 500 free texts or something like that. Proberbly the other operators do as well.

Just a warning if you swich from T mobile you will need at least a new sim - which is around 15 but maybe also a new phone or to get your old one unlocked from tmobile
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well if you're putting on £10-and-a-bit every month you can afford to do £10/month with your O2 can't you? Go get O2!

As for your 3210, I saw a builder with one of those. He was building a wall with it...
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u get a genie sim card u can get 400 free txt msgs a month and i think its 100 free minutes a month if u have an internet fone.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
£10 per monthish = £10 per every 6 weeks and this is because I text like crazy, if I had all those free txt per month - I would end up with like £100 of unused credit with o2!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
I currently have a 3210 (yes an oldie 3210) on T-mobile Pay As You Go Everyone. Now, I have a job, I'm finding I'm txting loads more and though I'm loads of credit I'm going through my credit really fast and its annoying my mum like hell.

Anyway, I have seen loads of ads for an o2 thingy - 6000 free txts a year BUT you have to put £10 on your phone per month.

As a full time sixth form student with a really low paid job, I can't really afford to be having to pay loads on my mobile. Any ideas? (preferable WITHOUT having to buy a new phone)
did you ask this question a few days ago? I think I responded but then you didn't answer so I couldn't be arsed answering.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
:confused: Nope not me :confused:
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)

I have the same phone! Potential weapon of mass destruction but still has everything I need in a phone... I was thinking of getting the O2 thingy where you top up at least £10 a month but I don't use my phone that much and I only top up £10 like 3 or 4 times a year!

I'm getting the sexy Motorola V500 soon for my birthday. It's on Orange PAYG for £143 and it comes with the Text Saver pack for free so I get 5 free text messages everyday!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
did you ask this question a few days ago? I think I responded but then you didn't answer so I couldn't be arsed answering.
That was Pencil IIRC - Haven't seen him online since.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.48%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.7%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.7%

Watched Threads