Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently have a 3210 (yes an oldie 3210) on T-mobile Pay As You Go Everyone. Now, I have a job, I'm finding I'm txting loads more and though I'm loads of credit I'm going through my credit really fast and its annoying my mum like hell.

I put £10 on my mobile every month and a halfish and it costs me 10p per text.

Anyway, I have seen loads of ads for an o2 thingy - 6000 free txts a year BUT you have to put £10 on your phone per month.

As a full time sixth form student with a really low paid job, I can't really afford to be having to pay loads on my mobile. Any ideas? (preferable WITHOUT having to buy a new phone)

ReputationRep:
    Orange do Orange out here which is 5 (i think it might be 3 instead) free texts a day for a year, which IIRC is £20 though you get £5 credit with it.

Theres also Tesco mobile *cough cough* where you can get texts for 5p each though i think thats only to other tesco mobile customers.

BT also have a pay as you go thing but i thought it was £10 a month for 500 free texts or something like that. Proberbly the other operators do as well.

Just a warning if you swich from T mobile you will need at least a new sim - which is around 15 but maybe also a new phone or to get your old one unlocked from tmobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're putting on £10-and-a-bit every month you can afford to do £10/month with your O2 can't you? Go get O2!

As for your 3210, I saw a builder with one of those. He was building a wall with it...

ReputationRep:
    if u get a genie sim card u can get 400 free txt msgs a month and i think its 100 free minutes a month if u have an internet fone.

ReputationRep:
    £10 per monthish = £10 per every 6 weeks and this is because I text like crazy, if I had all those free txt per month - I would end up with like £100 of unused credit with o2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I currently have a 3210 (yes an oldie 3210) on T-mobile Pay As You Go Everyone. Now, I have a job, I'm finding I'm txting loads more and though I'm loads of credit I'm going through my credit really fast and its annoying my mum like hell.

Anyway, I have seen loads of ads for an o2 thingy - 6000 free txts a year BUT you have to put £10 on your phone per month.

As a full time sixth form student with a really low paid job, I can't really afford to be having to pay loads on my mobile. Any ideas? (preferable WITHOUT having to buy a new phone)
    did you ask this question a few days ago? I think I responded but then you didn't answer so I couldn't be arsed answering.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Nope not me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)

I have the same phone! Potential weapon of mass destruction but still has everything I need in a phone... I was thinking of getting the O2 thingy where you top up at least £10 a month but I don't use my phone that much and I only top up £10 like 3 or 4 times a year!

I'm getting the sexy Motorola V500 soon for my birthday. It's on Orange PAYG for £143 and it comes with the Text Saver pack for free so I get 5 free text messages everyday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    did you ask this question a few days ago? I think I responded but then you didn't answer so I couldn't be arsed answering.
    That was Pencil IIRC - Haven't seen him online since.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.