The Student Room Group

The Government Legal Service

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
That's just rumour surely, so I don't think it's a good idea telling people they should definitely chase it.
So, nothing in today's post. Email account will be furiously refreshed, and I think I'll call them this afternoon to ask when we might hear by. Tbh I wouldn't mind if we weren't going to hear for ages - it would be so good if they said, eg, we will tell you at some point in the final week of April, then I could just forget about it until then!
Haha funny you should say that, I finally cracked and emailed to find out if the MOD had sent out their offers yet... :smile:
toffeepoppet
Haha funny you should say that, I finally cracked and emailed to find out if the MOD had sent out their offers yet... :smile:

Hehe, proud of you for cracking, toffeepoppet! You can join me in my neurotic gls fanclub. All I got when I emailed was the response that they would email me when the results were available, but no indication as to when that would actually be.........
Well, no, it's not that it's a rumour. My housemate heard about two weeks ago (true), and the conclusion I draw from that is that the dept sent out their letters a while ago. On the strength of that information, if I hadn't heard yet, I would make sure my letter hadn't gone astray, that's all. I think most people make decisions on topics like this based on more than one source anyway, so I hope I'm not in danger of leading anyone astray.
Just spoke to a lovely lady in GLS recruitment who told me replies are being sent out right now and they hope to have sent them all by tomorrow. Which means we should hear by the end of the week. Not sure whether this also applies to email or whether it's post only though.
Just got an email - didn't get it :frown:
Helloes everyone...just reading your posts, and I also applied for the GLS vacation placement....I'm REALLY sick and tired of waiting for replies. Grrr!
fiona_simpson
Just got an email - didn't get it :frown:

Sorry to hear that. Just remember that MOST students do not get a placement, which clearly means that you don't necessarily 'need' one to enter into the legal profession. There's always next academic year as well :smile:

But like they're being sent by email?
Zinnobelle237
Sorry to hear that. Just remember that MOST students do not get a placement, which clearly means that you don't necessarily 'need' one to enter into the legal profession. There's always next academic year as well :smile:

But like they're being sent by email?

Thanks, still disappointed though :frown:

I got mine by email as I emailed them a few days back asking for it to be sent by email aswell as post as I'm away from my flat atm. Post is their standard means of notification.
fiona_simpson
Thanks, still disappointed though :frown:

I got mine by email as I emailed them a few days back asking for it to be sent by email aswell as post as I'm away from my flat atm. Post is their standard means of notification.

Awww don't worry..I've felt TONS of disappointment because I went as far as an interview with some top firms, spent lots of money taking a train down to London from Lancaster every single time, only to be rejected. But life goes on, I guess lol.

Thanks for the reply...I don't really trust the post because I've lost way too many things by it. I wonder when they posted them, tho :confused:
Zinnobelle237
Awww don't worry..I've felt TONS of disappointment because I went as far as an interview with some top firms, spent lots of money taking a train down to London from Lancaster every single time, only to be rejected. But life goes on, I guess lol.

Thanks for the reply...I don't really trust the post because I've lost way too many things by it. I wonder when they posted them, tho :confused:

I know, the Royal Mail seems particularly bad at getting things from London to Scotland/the North!

My email had a copy of the letter they are posting me as an attachment, it was dated today so should arrive tomorrow or thursday. They did tell me some will be posted tomorrow.
fiona_simpson
I know, the Royal Mail seems particularly bad at getting things from London to Scotland/the North!

My email had a copy of the letter they are posting me as an attachment, it was dated today so should arrive tomorrow or thursday. They did tell me some will be posted tomorrow.

Oh I see. Then I'll be watching out for it...probably another rejection lol. Thanks for the reply anyway :biggrin:
Zinnobelle237
Oh I see. Then I'll be watching out for it...probably another rejection lol. Thanks for the reply anyway :biggrin:

You are most welcome!
PFO from DEFRA by email. :frown:
MelesMeles
PFO from DEFRA by email. :frown:

what does that mean??
Has anyone heard from the MOD? :smile:
Zinnobelle237
what does that mean??

PFO = Please **** Off = rejection letter

DEFRA = the gov department I applied to

2 degrees, good grades, extracurriculars, work in an environmental law clinic...what the hell else are they looking for???????
MelesMeles
PFO = Please **** Off = rejection letter

DEFRA = the gov department I applied to

2 degrees, good grades, extracurriculars, work in an environmental law clinic...what the hell else are they looking for???????

Hmmm...I have no idea. I'm just hoping that it was not done on a rolling basis; they didn't say it was. Who knows, maybe it's slight age discrimination? Or academic discrimination since you're already out there? I'm not sure :s-smilie:
Where are those degrees from and in though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending