Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i am in the exam board OCR. came from holland last year . done my as levels and am doing a2 now. i am doing the subjects maths , physics and chemistry. i know that in january are the first exams for a2. how many pure maths do i have to take in january? 2 and 3 both?

(Original post by fonz)
    hi i am in the exam board OCR. came from holland last year . done my as levels and am doing a2 now. i am doing the subjects maths , physics and chemistry. i know that in january are the first exams for a2. how many pure maths do i have to take in january? 2 and 3 both?
    Yea you have a P2 exam in January and P3 in June.. good luck mate..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    Is it further maths, or maths you are taking?

ReputationRep:
    it is applied maths
    only pure maths 1 2 3 i think.
    and mechanics 1 and 2 and stats 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    it is applied maths
    In that case, I believe you take P1 in Jan. Then S1 and M1 in June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    it is applied maths
    Thats 7 units. And thats too many for an A Level.

Plus those units would constitute an A-Level in Mathematics not Applied.

In the end you will have done P1, P2, P3, and three of M1, M2, S1, S2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Thats 7 units. And thats too many for an A Level.

Plus those units would constitute an A-Level in Mathematics not Applied.

In the end you will have done P1, P2, P3, and three of M1, M2, S1, S2.
    yes but what is further maths then? i know i did p1 in jan and s1 , m1 in june last year when i was doing as. so will i expect only p2 this jan 2004 only or also m2 or s2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    yes but what is further maths then? i know i did p1 in jan and s1 , m1 in june last year when i was doing as. so will i expect only p2 this jan 2004 only or also m2 or s2?
    Further maths is where you do all 6 modules within one year, and then a nother 6 the next year, and you get two A-levels.

You only do one module in January and two in June. So P2 in Jan, and the rest in June. Hope this helps you understand.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.