Some quick, basic questionsWatch
1) Have most ppl already sent off their applications or when do most do it?
2) How long does the whole UCAS->University->UCAS->Me thing take? A month? more...less?
3) Do I receive confirmation/rejections on an individual Uni basis or does UCAS wait until everything comes back to respond?
BTW my schools are Edinburgh, Keele, Sheffield, Cardiff, Reading, and Leeds...dunno if that'll help answer the questions or not.
Re: your questions: -
1) You have until mid January, although as previously mentioned the clued up (Most certainly not I) have whacked their forms off already. I'd try to get yours done as soon as possible.
2) I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that too so hopefully someone can help us! :-)
3) From mates who went through the process last year, I believe you get confirmation of the uni decision through as and when they decide, meaning you could get rejections or acceptions at different times.
I'm not sure if the process is different because you're an international student though.
Anyway, I hope I've helped in some way. I apologise that I haven't been able to give you all the info you require but hopefully someone else more ITK can fill you in :-)
All the best.
PS. My preferred choices are Norwich, Cardiff, Sheffield, Southampton and my 2 safety nets are Nottingham Trent and Northumbria (Politics/Journalism/English it varies!)
Good luck with your applications and all that. It's a mess...I had to completely rewrite my personal statement 4 times and throw away 2 letters of recommendation because colleges wouldn't tell me what they really wanted.