This discussion is closed.
mustang3k
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Doing a project on Cannabis, anyone have any good websites? I need scientific information (the science side of Cannabis) and other general information. If u guys and gals could spare the time then that'll be great.

Cheers.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mustang3k)
Doing a project on Cannabis, anyone have any good websites? I need scientific information (the science side of Cannabis) and other general information. If u guys and gals could spare the time then that'll be great.

Cheers.
What do you want to know about? The effects of smoking/ingesting? The chemistry behind the high? The medical benefits? The biological information about the species?
mustang3k
yeah generally anything anyone can give. Ive done google searches and have come out with some good stuff and the new scientist website is pretty helpful, just if anyone specifically knows any good sites t'will also be helpful. the chemistry behind it would be good and also the medical side are a good start
mustang3k
anyone with any websites out there that explain the chemistry/science part of the drug???
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Cheers.
Eating human flesh is wrong. lol. Oh.....cannabis. Right.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I like cannabis and I have a recipe for hash cakes...oh wait your not looking for "that" kind of information....

*scuttles away*
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Well I like cannabis and I have a recipe for hash cakes...oh wait your not looking for "that" kind of information....

*scuttles away*
... Lies...
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)

*scuttles away*
Oh please, please could I have that recipe. :confused:
CasperUK
Report 16 years ago

Cheers.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml is the best site on the net for wanting to know everything about cannabis.
If you wanna buy some pm me
(joke)
CasperUK
Report 16 years ago
Cannabis Chemistry
by Erowid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME : Tetrahydrocannabinols
CHEMICAL NAME : Tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol
CHEMICAL FORMULA C21H30O2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT 314.47
BOILING POINT 200°C (392°F)
LD50 1270 mg/kg (male rats), 730 mg/kg (female rats) oral in sesame oil
LD50 42 mg/kg (rats) inhalation
From the Merck Index 12th Edition

NAME : Cannabinol
CHEMICAL NAME : 6,6,9-Trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol
ALTERNATE CHEMICAL NAMES : 3-amyl-1-hydroxy-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran
CHEMICAL FORMULA C21H26O2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT 310.44
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's the first chemical that gives the "high" and the second one that makes you dopey.

The second chemical is the one that has been found helpful to people with MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (21)
40.38%
Take exams next summer (12)
23.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (13)
25%
Apply to uni next year instead (5)
9.62%
I'm not applying to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads