The Student Room Group
well?
mustang3k
Doing a project on Cannabis, anyone have any good websites? I need scientific information (the science side of Cannabis) and other general information. If u guys and gals could spare the time then that'll be great.

Cheers.

What do you want to know about? The effects of smoking/ingesting? The chemistry behind the high? The medical benefits? The biological information about the species?
Reply 3
yeah generally anything anyone can give. Ive done google searches and have come out with some good stuff and the new scientist website is pretty helpful, just if anyone specifically knows any good sites t'will also be helpful. the chemistry behind it would be good and also the medical side are a good start
Reply 4
anyone with any websites out there that explain the chemistry/science part of the drug???
Reply 5
mustang3k
Doing a project on Cannabis, anyone have any good websites? I need scientific information (the science side of Cannabis) and other general information. If u guys and gals could spare the time then that'll be great.

Cheers.

Eating human flesh is wrong. lol. Oh.....cannabis. Right.
Well I like cannabis and I have a recipe for hash cakes...oh wait your not looking for "that" kind of information....

*scuttles away*
Reply 7
Danithestudent
Well I like cannabis and I have a recipe for hash cakes...oh wait your not looking for "that" kind of information....

*scuttles away*

... Lies...
Reply 8
Danithestudent

*scuttles away*

Oh please, please could I have that recipe. :frown: :confused: :frown:
Reply 9
mustang3k

Cheers.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml is the best site on the net for wanting to know everything about cannabis.
If you wanna buy some pm me :wink:
(joke)
Reply 10
Cannabis Chemistry
by Erowid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME : Tetrahydrocannabinols
CHEMICAL NAME : Tetrahydro-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol
CHEMICAL FORMULA C21H30O2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT 314.47
BOILING POINT 200°C (392°F)
LD50 1270 mg/kg (male rats), 730 mg/kg (female rats) oral in sesame oil
LD50 42 mg/kg (rats) inhalation
From the Merck Index 12th Edition

NAME : Cannabinol
CHEMICAL NAME : 6,6,9-Trimethyl-3-pentyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-1-ol
ALTERNATE CHEMICAL NAMES : 3-amyl-1-hydroxy-6,6,9-trimethyl-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran
CHEMICAL FORMULA C21H26O2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT 310.44
It's the first chemical that gives the "high" and the second one that makes you dopey.

The second chemical is the one that has been found helpful to people with MS (Multiple Sclerosis)

Latest

Trending

Trending