Why is this imporant? (history)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
unreg
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
So I'm writing my internal assessment for IB history about Stalinism and Marxism (a comparision). It's going along fine except for one thing:

Why is this important/interesting/worthy of historical investigation?

Personally I enjoy investigating the differences in such concepts as Stalinism and Marxism, but why is it relevant today?

Any ideas?
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by unreg)
So I'm writing my internal assessment for IB history about Stalinism and Marxism (a comparision). It's going along fine except for one thing:

Why is this important/interesting/worthy of historical investigation?

Personally I enjoy investigating the differences in such concepts as Stalinism and Marxism, but why is it relevant today?

Any ideas?
why is communism worth historical investigation?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
why is communism worth historical investigation?
that's the question I need to answer in "the plan of investigation". What can I say, really?
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
that's the question I need to answer in "the plan of investigation". What can I say, really?
look at what communism did to the international community. the attitudes of the US and the advent of international bodies that we see today are influenced by the former and current communist regimes. maybe you can draw parallels between the US-Soviet ideology conflict and the current one between the Western and Arab worlds.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.72%
No (448)
48.28%

Watched Threads