Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont you ppl sumtimes wonder why we are here or if there is some kind of power beond the human? we work, study, eat, sleep etc etc...., but do we ever think about the reason for being on this planet?
    just think about it ..........

well there is the normal theroy (i.e evolution). and there is the matrix theroy. but my fav theroy is the south park one. that we are all one big tv show, brocasted to the whole universe

ReputationRep:
    Now THAT wud b cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well there is the normal theroy (i.e evolution). and there is the matrix theroy. but my fav theroy is the south park one. that we are all one big tv show, brocasted to the whole universe

well u got sume funny ideas there. . but if you say its the evulution theory then how come us ppl dont look like apes lol. or how did the univers exist? i am just a lil courios , not in for an argument cheerio

ReputationRep:
    it is true. i have seen that episode three times.

(i have now taken the time to reigster. this is my first post as a member)

ReputationRep:
    i know. i love questions like that. but i'm afraid i'm sticking with my south park one. that alliens created earth, took creatures from loads of different planets, put them here. and have been broacasting for over 150 million years.

(Original post by fonz)
    well u got sume funny ideas there. . but if you say its the evulution theory then how come us ppl dont look like apes lol. or how did the univers exist? i am just a lil courios , not in for an argument cheerio
    God! Are people still using the argument that 'we dont look like apes' to 'prove' that the theory of evolution isn't real? When you look at an apes face, we have literally nearly identical facial features (ears, eyes, nose, mouth) all in the same place.

Theres also the poular theory that our little finger is getting shorter and shorter because he dont use it. But a monkey does, so they dont really have a little finger - so their's stays the same length. Its all about how we adapt to our environment. Things you need in the jungle are diferent to what you need living in a city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    God! Are people still using the argument that 'we dont look like apes' to 'prove' that the theory of evolution isn't real? When you look at an apes face, we have literally nearly identical facial features (ears, eyes, nose, mouth) all in the same place.

Theres also the poular theory that our little finger is getting shorter and shorter because he dont use it. But a monkey does, so they dont really have a little finger - so their's stays the same length. Its all about how we adapt to our environment. Things you need in the jungle are diferent to what you need living in a city.
    Actually we did not evolve from apes. Both apes and humans evolved from a common ancester but we did not evolve from apes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    dont you ppl sumtimes wonder why we are here or if there is some kind of power beond the human? we work, study, eat, sleep etc etc...., but do we ever think about the reason for being on this planet?
    just think about it ..........
    I'm more concerned about what would be like if the universe never existed. Now that would scary.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    I'm more concerned about what would be like if the universe never existed. Now that would scary.....
    'It' wouldnt be anything because by definition, the universe encompasses 'everything'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)

Well if the universe never existed we wouldn't either so how can you be afraid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Well if the universe never existed we wouldn't either so how can you be afraid?
    that is what i was trying to say but not very well lol

Shut up. I am a scieniti and the little finger getting smaller has nothing to do with evolution. So you think just because we don't use it it is getting smaller aye? Well that is not how evolution works, the genes have to be selected AGAINST by the environment for a characteristic to disappear. Just because "We don't use it anymore' doen't mean it will get smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evolve)
    Shut up. I am a scieniti and the little finger getting smaller has nothing to do with evolution. So you think just because we don't use it it is getting smaller aye? Well that is not how evolution works, the genes have to be selected AGAINST by the environment for a characteristic to disappear. Just because "We don't use it anymore' doen't mean it will get smaller.

Enlighten me please, what is a scieniti ?

ReputationRep:

u might b an a[e lov,but i'm not!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evolve)
    tis right.

ReputationRep:
    btw, are we meant to be talking about existance of life or existance of everything here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    u might b an a[e lov,but i'm not!!!
    sauce!! that woz meant 2 b ape not a]p!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    btw, are we meant to be talking about existance of life or existance of everything here?

ooohh, good question.

Hi I just had a **** over Pink (don't let me get me!) and I just *** on my trousers by accident. Does anyone know how to remove *** stains? Thanks alot.

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder....ink/182844.jpg

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.