This discussion is closed.
maximusmak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Walk By)
i am not a christian and i don't believe in god but i liek what he said
thx, its jus that sum ppl dnt want to agree not because they dnt belive but because they are SCARED if what im sayin is right
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bcr8iv)
We're not here for a particular reason. We are simply the end result of trillions and trillions of events that caused our existance. No reason behind it. Sorry to break it to you all like this. I know you all want a fairytale but the truth must be told. While I'm at it, Santa doesnt exist either!
wooooooooooooooooooooooooow, did u get a PHD for chatin ****, that cums in useful sometime, if u believe that there is no god, then believe that whatever is after death is nothin which results in your existence being.... of no purpose, now i dnt no about u but thats incrediably foolish
bcr8iv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)
well, atleast i wont worry about what will happen to me when i die, and whether being 6feet under will be the last thing in my life (death, life after death). i least i wont be miserable in this life, i have a broader life than u if u ask me. so get the facts right pal, your the naive 1, just not excepting reality
Hey i'm not miserable in this life, my life is great. In fact, it couldn't be better! Religion is only followed because people want something to belong to, a group to call their own, or due to the fact that they have been brainwashed at an early age to follow blindly. I've never understood blind faith. I'm not here to riddicule you, I'm sure your a nice guy, just a bit looopy. The one good thing is that although you expect life after death in some form, you'll never be disapointed because when you die your brain is dead, hence no disapointment is possible.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks, I think being blunt and to the point was needed. Although there isn't a reason why we're here, like parvati said; that doesn't mean we shouldn't make the most of it.
and since when was parvati was a man to believe?
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wooooooooooooooooooooooooow, did u get a PHD for chatin ****, that cums in useful sometime, if u believe that there is no god, then believe that whatever is after death is nothin which results in your existence being.... of no purpose, now i dnt no about u but thats incrediably foolish
o invisible god that we never see, hear smell or touch, yet for some unknown reason believe to be true, please forgive maximusmak for his unforgiving nature
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey i'm not miserable in this life, my life is great. In fact, it couldn't be better! Religion is only followed because people want something to belong to, a group to call their own, or due to the fact that they have been brainwashed at an early age to follow blindly. I've never understood blind faith. I'm not here to riddicule you, I'm sure your a nice guy, just a bit looopy. The one good thing is that although you expect life after death in some form, you'll never be disapointed because when you die your brain is dead, hence no disapointment is possible.
the question u need to start asking yourself is that 'am i really happy?' i mean are you really happy, well, let me get this right, if you were the most popular guy in this planet, you have all the wealth, all the nice lookin ladies, drink all the beer u can get hold of, smoke the **** dat you want, live in the best houses you desire, have the best cars that you dream of...............do u think that will make you happy....ofcorse it will you doppy, what u think i would have said no...but u gota think about it, u aint guna last here for ever, as you no, death is the only certain thing to a human after life. do u think after death your finished, i mean if thats the case then thats the most foolish thing iv heard of. do u not thinkthat he who created you can not re-exist you after your death, if you make a plane and it brakes, do u not think that the task of rebuliding that plane will be easier than it first was?

cumon mate, i no your more than that, just think deply and you'll understand that to all this wonder and beauty that this world creates, that there must be a creator to all this.

and by the way, who you callin loopy, you dnt even no me, dnt dnt judge me on who i am, ppl who make mistakes in their judgements usually find themseleves in a box, called a COFFIN. so watch your mouth next time.

peace
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
o invisible god that we never see, hear smell or touch, yet for some unknown reason believe to be true, please forgive maximusmak for his unforgiving nature
faith is all about the unseen, thats why it is those who belive in God and the unseen that deserve his paradise and the heaven
parvati
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and since when was parvati was a man to believe?
Hey i'm not a man. And whats wrong with trying to make the most of the fact that we are here on this planet, however we got here?
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by parvati)
Hey i'm not a man. And whats wrong with trying to make the most of the fact that we are here on this planet, however we got here?
lol, oh i cant blive this, im sorry i just thought that he was talkin about the real pavarti
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the question u need to start asking yourself is that 'am i really happy?' i mean are you really happy, well, let me get this right, if you were the most popular guy in this planet, you have all the wealth, all the nice lookin ladies, drink all the beer u can get hold of, smoke the **** dat you want, live in the best houses you desire, have the best cars that you dream of...............do u think that will make you happy....ofcorse it will you doppy, what u think i would have said no...but u gota think about it, u aint guna last here for ever, as you no, death is the only certain thing to a human after life. do u think after death your finished, i mean if thats the case then thats the most foolish thing iv heard of. do u not thinkthat he who created you can not re-exist you after your death, if you make a plane and it brakes, do u not think that the task of rebuliding that plane will be easier than it first was?

cumon mate, i no your more than that, just think deply and you'll understand that to all this wonder and beauty that this world creates, that there must be a creator to all this.

and by the way, who you callin loopy, you dnt even no me, dnt dnt judge me on who i am, ppl who make mistakes in their judgements usually find themseleves in a box, called a COFFIN. so watch your mouth next time.

peace
I see where your comming from, and I could argue with you all day, but I'm going to bed, college awaits at 9 tomorrow. In short, I beleive what you see is what you get. Although, to be honest, thats my opinion, and by no means am I fixing it on anyone. I think religion is a good thing in our society though and in the world. It gives people a good way to live and morals that many lack.
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, oh i cant blive this, im sorry i just thought that he was talkin about the real pavarti
I thought he was the real pavarti! Identity Fraud, it should be stopped!
Mikeyb
Report 16 years ago
As Karl Marx said "religion is the psychological crutch of the masses"
A psychological view would say there is no point to life, and it doesnt matter what we "do".
And as Gandalf says " death? ....death is not the end, it is merely another path, one that we all must take. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass...and then you see it...white shores, and a far country beneath a swift sunrise"

I personally like gandalfs thebest.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I see where your comming from, and I could argue with you all day, but I'm going to bed, college awaits at 9 tomorrow. In short, I beleive what you see is what you get. Although, to be honest, thats my opinion, and by no means am I fixing it on anyone. I think religion is a good thing in our society though and in the world. It gives people a good way to live and morals that many lack.
every1s entitiled to their own opinion, but i do hope that the choice you make is a good 1 in the future, and by the way, say their was a God and their was a hell and heaven ,then what ay. all good, tc, and goodnight, i got col too u no, the only thing is i kinda start likin the fact that im wagin it cuz its damn borin now, and its like 7 miles away from my house!
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mikeyb)
As Karl Marx said "religion is the psychological crutch of the masses"
A psychological view would say there is no point to life, and it doesnt matter what we "do".
And as Gandalf says " death? ....death is not the end, it is merely another path, one that we all must take. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass...and then you see it...white shores, and a far country beneath a swift sunrise"

I personally like gandalfs thebest.
i think he chats **** too, i mean what does he really mean by death, how illogical can u get.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how illogical can u get.[?]
You ought to know.

There's an old song to the tune of Aul Lang Syne:

We're here because we're here because we're here because we're here.

That about sums it up.

A final practical answer to the question "Why are we on this planet?" Because we could not have evolved as we are on another and if we were created we would very quickly have died on another.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
You ought to know.

There's an old song to the tune of Aul Lang Syne:

That about sums it up.

A final practical answer to the question "Why are we on this planet?" Because we could not have evolved as we are on another and if we were created we would very quickly have died on another.
remember what u say is what he tend to believe in right in you own opinion, you can belive whatever you want and i believe what ever i want, so, if i believe that there is life after death and you dont, then either of us are right. i guess our ans will awiat us at the moment of death.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
remember what u say is what he tend to believe in right in you own opinion, you can belive whatever you want and i believe what ever i want, so, if i believe that there is life after death and you dont, then either of us are right. i guess our ans will awiat us at the moment of death.
The important difference is that you believe in stopping people saying what they think if you can get away with it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (587)
49.91%
No (589)
50.09%

Watched Threads