I don't know why we are here. :confused:
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
There is no over-riding reason. We are here because this planet has conditions capable of supporting life..life formed...evolved....eventually ended up with humans. Simple as that.
king of swords
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Also, not that I necessarily believe in this myself, but, does anybody believe here that there ISN'T a reason for us being here?
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
There is no over-riding reason. We are here because this planet has conditions capable of supporting life..life formed...evolved....eventually ended up with humans. Simple as that.
Lol i guess i'm a bit too late hehe.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by king of swords)
Also, not that I necessarily believe in this myself, but, does anybody believe here that there ISN'T a reason for us being here?
I've often thought that, basically, what would happen if we just died and that's it...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by theone)
I've often thought that, basically, what would happen if we just died and that's it...
It's quite conceivably true...! I mean, why does there HAVE to be meaning? We just think there is because it's too boring otherwise.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That is what happens (IMHO)...you didnt exist before you was born and dont exist when you die. End of story.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

Yes I think there NO meaning for us being here. It just IS.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That is what happens (IMHO)...you didnt exist before you was born and dont exist when you die. End of story.
Indeedy. It's sad isn't it. *sigh* Well, if there isn't an afterlife, we'll never know there isn't!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Came about Pink)
Hi I just had a **** over Pink (don't let me get me!) and I just *** on my trousers by accident. Does anyone know how to remove *** stains? Thanks alot.

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder....ink/182844.jpg
Try soap and water :rolleyes:
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes I think there NO meaning for us being here. It just IS.
We are here because life evolved here and by chance humans eventually evolved. The same will be going on all over the universe - life evolving on life supporting planets.

THE FORMATION AND EVOLUTION OF LIFE IS THE REASON WE ARE HERE.
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So life is the only thing we "sense"; no after-life...so how long does your lifetime "feel" like? infinity? I guess that's something we can't answer :confused:
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So life is the only thing we "sense"; no after-life...so how long does your lifetime "feel" like? infinity? I guess that's something we can't answer :confused:
not until you are very old no
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
We are here because life evolved here and by chance humans eventually evolved. The same will be going on all over the universe - life evolving on life supporting planets.

THE FORMATION AND EVOLUTION OF LIFE IS THE REASON WE ARE HERE.
Yes

But which in itself is meaningless.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My thought was that do we 'feel' anything after we die, or do we just cease to be?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My thought was that do we 'feel' anything after we die, or do we just cease to be?
Well, if it's just like before we were born, then no we just cease to be.
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's impossible to answer because it's like asking....do you remember what it was like before you were born?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
How can you "feel" how long your life is? I don't get it! :confused:
king of swords
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Well, if it's just like before we were born, then no we just cease to be.
Hey! that was my idea!
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hey! that was my idea!
Who said it first, deary?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.1%
No (513)
48.9%

Watched Threads