Turn on thread page Beta

why are we all on this planet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam and Eve)
    No but your blasphemy will lead to your painful demise in the lake of fire. God bless.
    You are not even consistent. Is it a lake or a sea? Make you mind up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 234543)
    Yes you can, according to Beachath 1:76.

And thou shalt suft upon the firey deep with thy board of plastic. For He gave unto evil the means and waves of horror.

*laughs*

ReputationRep:
    To eat and have sex. Trust me, I'm an anthropologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    Hmm I believe to survive and make babies is what you mean (well it's what I think anyway...)

As animals our main purpose is to prolong the existence of our species. This is achieved through our survival and procreational instincts, by which all our actions are motivavted in some way. We make friends so that we have allies if ever our lives come under threat. The pursuit for wealth is survival-motivated. And of course we all want to have sex...

(Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Hmm I believe to survive and make babies is what you mean (well it's what I think anyway...)

As animals our main purpose is to prolong the existence of our species. This is achieved through our survival and procreational instincts, by which all our actions are motivavted in some way. We make friends so that we have allies if ever our lives come under threat. The pursuit for wealth is survival-motivated. And of course we all want to have sex...

I don't. I'm not bothered really. Honestly. So I kind of undermine your argument. If procreation is so important everyone would want to have sex.

(Original post by Haz)

I don't want to have sex or eat that much so...? Wheres your argument now then?

(Original post by Unregi)
    I don't want to have sex or eat that much so...? Wheres your argument now then?
    In your family-less funeral and in your coffin.

ReputationRep:

wot a good job of
    prolonging the existance of our species
    we're doing, i mean all we do is create pollution and squander all natural resouces, once the're all used up we'll just roll over and die!

(Original post by Unregistered4)
    In your family-less funeral and in your coffin.
    I'm not that bothered if there is anyone at my funeral I won't know about it anyway i'll be dead. So what about people that aren't bothered about having sex how do you explain that if procreation is so important you can't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered1)
    I'm not that bothered if there is anyone at my funeral I won't know about it anyway i'll be dead. So what about people that aren't bothered about having sex how do you explain that if procreation is so important you can't!
    Genetic screwups!

(Original post by jstringer)
    Genetic screwups!
    So all you care about in life is trying to get your **** in da pussy? Thats all you care about? You can't explain. Evolution is a fallacy

ReputationRep:
    So all you care about in life is trying to get your **** in da pussy? Thats all you care about? You can't explain. Evolution is a fallacy
    thats not all but its a major part, I also want to better myself and have a good prfesional life as well!

That's all most people care about really. Humans are programmed that way. When you're older and get over your bulimia condition, you will think the same.

(Original post by Unregistere)
    That's all most people care about really. Humans are programmed that way. When you're older and get over your bulimia condition, you will think the same.
    Bulimia? I dont care about sex honestly I don't not really. If I met someone that I loved and stuff then great but I'm not really that bothered really. Maybe I just have a low libido but i'm not really bothered at all.

Thou shalt not blaspheme. It is the root of all evil. Also- Sex is wrong other than for reproduction. Celibacy is the only true pleasure in life. It is the way forward. Trust me, I am a 49 year old man who has had these views since I was a young boy. And now look at me! I have no urges or desires. I feel free. Follow me. Follow me I beg of you. You can experience the same. Find Jesus! Find him!

(Original post by Unregisteghj)
    Thou shalt not blaspheme. It is the root of all evil. Also- Sex is wrong other than for reproduction. Celibacy is the only true pleasure in life. It is the way forward. Trust me, I am a 49 year old man who has had these views since I was a young boy. And now look at me! I have no urges or desires. I feel free. Follow me. Follow me I beg of you. You can experience the same. Find Jesus! Find him!
    You're not Cliff Richard by any chance are you?

(Original post by Cliff)
    You're not Cliff Richard by any chance are you?
    No. But he is a good man. I can help you to be like him if you just search for the real truth and follow my advice.

1) Read the Bible many times over. If you are tempted to put the book down then rid your polluted mind of such thoughts and read until the message of god is drilled into your head.

2)Pray at least once an hour and spread the word like a virus.

3) Cut yourself with a sharp blade to punish yourself for every time you have masturbated. If this means killing yourself then so be it.

(Original post by Unregistejkj)
    No. But he is a good man. I can help you to be like him if you just search for the real truth and follow my advice.

1) Read the Bible many times over. If you are tempted to put the book down then rid your polluted mind of such thoughts and read until the message of god is drilled into your head.

2)Pray at least once an hour and spread the word like a virus.

3) Cut yourself with a sharp blade to punish yourself for every time you have masturbated. If this means killing yourself then so be it.

pmsl
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by fonz)
    dont you ppl sumtimes wonder why we are here or if there is some kind of power beond the human? we work, study, eat, sleep etc etc...., but do we ever think about the reason for being on this planet?
    just think about it ..........
    This is the only planet with chocolate - it's a good enough reason for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    This is the only planet with chocolate - it's a good enough reason for me
    nice answer but any plannet that can potentially support life could potentially have chocolate!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.