why are we all on this planet?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
doesn't matter how far the relation is, it's still relation. therefore, it's still incest.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
doesn't matter how far the relation is, it's still relation. therefore, it's still incest.
Anyway you look at it you come to the same outcome, we do not exist w/out being born, you can't be born unless 2 ppl do the deed. So it had to start somewhere, or do you figure the stork just dropped a bunch of us off?
williams
Badges: 4
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fonz)
dont you ppl sumtimes wonder why we are here or if there is some kind of power beond the human? we work, study, eat, sleep etc etc...., but do we ever think about the reason for being on this planet?
just think about it ..........
see your point is a very good one and i do sometimes wonder why we are here but what really scares the living hell out of me is whats is going to happen after we die. sooner or later everyone is going to die but are we going to turn to ashes then dirt then eventually dust and thats life over? if that the case then wats going to happen to our souls? can you believe that we all (good or bad) going to live a second life and whether it will be a rewarding one or a suffering one based on what you personally have done in this life? but this life is endless? and that there is a heaven and earth and that god really exits? there is so much suffering in this world that you would expect someone to do something about it yet there is so much to see that its so hard to think we (humans) began because it was some kind of accident in space.
just think about this one.....
Carlt
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adam and Eve)
You are wrong. What about the references to the 'lake of fire' and 'burning in the sea of flames for eternity'. Basically it's like being burned alive forever! Do realy want that to happen to you? No? Then I suggest you find God and confess your sins to the Church.
Now this is truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in all my life - no exaggeration whatsoever. I was brought up with this nonsense, and lived in terror of it courtesy of an extremely undermining Catholic mother and the stupid religion she follows. The absurd and poisonous notion that billions of souls are at this moment being BURNED ALIVE in a fire that WILL NEVER GO OUT. They can never leave. Apparently, we born into this world and basically it is nothing more than a testing ground, a trial if you will to determine who gets into the small private members club of a few self important Christians, whilst the rest of us - apparently fully aware of god's suppposed existence - arrogantly(!?) choose to think we are better than the all powerful creator, by either denying his existence or not worshipping him etc etc. We are horrofied in the news to hear of people who have been burned alive - one of the worst ways to die. Think about it - being covered in petrol and set on fire.
But you, YOU beleive that this happens to millions and millions of us and it never ever ever ends . . . but "god loves us all", "if only we'd love him".
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fonz)
dont you ppl sumtimes wonder why we are here or if there is some kind of power beond the human? we work, study, eat, sleep etc etc...., but do we ever think about the reason for being on this planet?
Well, we are on this planet because the ancient and noble tribbles put us here.
Cyclone666
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
we were put on this planet to find out why we were put on this planet :cool:
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is a hell of a long thread so someone might of already figured this out; the reason we're on this planet is to have sex and then have kids, so then they too may encounter the joy of sex, for reproductive reasons obviously.
maximusmak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fonz)

simple, its a test from God, to test us whether we appreciate what he has given us or whether we are too arrogant and conceited and decide to disbelive in him. its logic if u ask me
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)
simple, its a test from God, to test us whether we appreciate what he has given us or whether we are too arrogant and conceited and decide to disbelive in him. its logic if u ask me
well said
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)
Tipical brainwashed Christian. Your humor is only exceeded by your naive nature
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bcr8iv)
Tipical brainwashed Christain. Your humor is only exceeded by your naive nature
i am not a christian and i don't believe in god but i liek what he said
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Walk By)
i am not a christian and i don't believe in god but i liek what he said
So you accept he's actually wrong?
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So you accept he's actually wrong?
no, coz i dunno what we are here for
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, coz i dunno what we are here for
We're not here for a particular reason. We are simply the end result of trillions and trillions of events that caused our existance. No reason behind it. Sorry to break it to you all like this. I know you all want a fairytale but the truth must be told. While I'm at it, Santa doesnt exist either!
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We're not here for a particular reason. We are simply the end result of trillions and trillions of events that caused our existance. No reason behind it. Sorry to break it to you all like this. I know you all want a fairytale but the truth must be told. While I'm at it, Santa doesnt exist either!
well said
parvati
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whether we are here by chance or design, I think we should make the most of the time we have to do something worthwhile. Thats why we are here.
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well said
Thanks, I think being blunt and to the point was needed. Although there isn't a reason why we're here, like parvati said; that doesn't mean we shouldn't make the most of it.
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks, I think being blunt and to the point was needed. Although there isn't a reason why we're here, like parvati said; that doesn't mean we shouldn't make the most of it.
yep, agree
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well said
thx
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tipical brainwashed Christian. Your humor is only exceeded by your naive nature
well, atleast i wont worry about what will happen to me when i die, and whether being 6feet under will be the last thing in my life (death, life after death). i least i wont be miserable in this life, i have a broader life than u if u ask me. so get the facts right pal, your the naive 1, just not excepting reality
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (587)
50%
No (587)
50%

Watched Threads