AQA Philosophy 2009 (New Specification) Revision Notes Watch

Kneechuh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
These notes were made for the AQA Philosophy new specification. One of the main resources I used was this textbook, alongisde prior knowledge and resources that my school gave me

In the course, only two topics in each unit are supposed to be covered. Usually, the school chooses these, and this is what's happened in my case. As a result, I'm only making notes for the topics my school's covering, for all 4 units (2 AS, 2 A2); so they'll appear here over time. I've split each topic in a unit down into two .doc files. One's a big clump of notes that one should read to understand basic concepts, and the other's a 'key points' document, to refresh your memory when you understand the majority of it. I hope they're of use to some people . They'll be doing more good here than on my computer

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated, and I'm open to improving these notes/helping anyone out if you need help, so go ahead and ask; and please leave a little 'thanks' if you found these of any use

Also, if anyone needs help with an issue covered in one of these notes or the philosophy course, just post and I'll try and help as best I can!

My Notes for 'Tolerance' and 'God and the World' (Unit 2)
Notes for 'Freewill and Determinism' and 'The Value of Art' (Unit 2)

What I wrote for question 1 in the January exam. (100 UMS)
Pagkalis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bump

Thanks for the notes, i'll try to put mine in order and post them here too.
Pagkalis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Coursework.info)
As it's been a while since you posted and nobody's responded, maybe you want to check out Coursework.Info - the UK's largest academic coursework library.
They have over 130,000 coursework documents at GCSE, A Level and University level.

They submit all their documents to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software and the site is used and approved by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.
Would you kindly f**k off?

Take your paid for service and stick it up your a**e. This is a sharing website. Stop polluting it with your garbage.
Kneechuh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pagkalis)
Would you kindly f**k off?

Take your paid for service and stick it up your a**e. This is a sharing website. Stop polluting it with your garbage.
I think it's a bot/sponsor that pays TSR to let it post :P

I just got my exam results for the exam for this module.

I got 100% with these notes :woo:
abcxyz6666
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kneechuh)
I think it's a bot/sponsor that pays TSR to let it post :P

I just got my exam results for the exam for this module.

I got 100% with these notes :woo:

Congrats and thanks for the notes
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
these notes are amazing thankyou so much
Sheral
Report 10 years ago
Congratz on the 100

I am not sure how good these notes are but thanks alot dude! They look decent but It would have been better if you arranged them to the syllabus.

For unit 1 my college did: Reason and Experiance, Why should I be moral and The Idea of God. For unit 2: Value of Art and God and the World..

Can anyone please post any other notes..

Thanks in advance
Kneechuh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheral)
Congratz on the 100

I am not sure how good these notes are but thanks alot dude! They look decent but It would have been better if you arranged them to the syllabus.

For unit 1 my college did: Reason and Experiance, Why should I be moral and The Idea of God. For unit 2: Value of Art and God and the World..

Can anyone please post any other notes..

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "arranged them to the syllabus"?

My school, for the second module, is doing "Tolerance" and "God and the World", so I'll be posting my notes for that as soon as I get them done

Thanks for saying thank-you!
Sheral
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kneechuh)
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "arranged them to the syllabus"?

My school, for the second module, is doing "Tolerance" and "God and the World", so I'll be posting my notes for that as soon as I get them done

Thanks for saying thank-you!
I mean like if you looked at the spec and like got each section from there and put each relevant note under it, it would look/be more organised.

This is a copy of the spec: http://www.uk-open-learning.com/Cart...Philosophy.pdf
I know the actual thing is available on the AQA website but this is easier to look at; it is the same thing anyway.

Thanks, if you could post those very soon, it would be great!
Kneechuh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheral)
I mean like if you looked at the spec and like got each section from there and put each relevant note under it, it would look/be more organised.

This is a copy of the spec: http://www.uk-open-learning.com/Cart...Philosophy.pdf
I know the actual thing is available on the AQA website but this is easier to look at; it is the same thing anyway.

Thanks, if you could post those very soon, it would be great!
I'd say my notes cover the syllabus quite well, as they're written with it in mind. The arguments pros/cons that are presented are based around the topics mentioned in the syllabus, and so there should be more than enough information for one to form a constructive argument in an exam .

As for the new set of notes (God and the World and Tolerance) - I aim to have both finished by the end of tomorrow (14th April). I haven't even started the tolerance ones, but the God and the World ones should definitely be here as soon as I finish them.
bwarnee
Report 10 years ago
I think you've done a great job with these notes and I'll be using them loads as I find philosophy really hard reading it from the textbook.. and just in general!
Good luck with your next exam, not that you'll need it
xXx
Ma786
Report 10 years ago
Ive been looking for the notes on "tolerance" and haven't found them can some1 help me... and also if anyone has notes on "the value of art" or "why should i be moral?" please post them and let me know ..thank you!
Kneechuh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ma786)
Ive been looking for the notes on "tolerance" and haven't found them can some1 help me... and also if anyone has notes on "the value of art" or "why should i be moral?" please post them and let me know ..thank you!
I'm doing the topic on Tolerance, and so theoretically, I should be posting some notes here ASAP. Hopefully I'll have them done by the end of April.

Also, I've just finished the 'God and the World' AS unit 2 notes, so I'll upload them
Sheral
Report 10 years ago
You're the best 'kneechuh'!
Thanks a lot!
xxx
abcxyz6666
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks!

+ rep
worldsonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do u no which questions came up for reason and experience>+ in the january exam?
RevisingHard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey has anyone got the notes for tolerence yet
stannardin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Here are some notes for two sections - written by an examiner for AQA
Attached files
Kneechuh
Rep:
?
(Original post by stannardin)
Here are some notes for two sections - written by an examiner for AQA
They're awesome mate, nice one! Mind if I ask how you got hold of them, seeing as an examiner wrote them?

I should have some notes for 'tolerance' up by the end of the week, if not sooner, and then that'll be it done for this set of exams
stannardin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am the AQA examiner!!

The notes are a compilation of material from a variety of different sources - some my own notes and some notes from Michael Lacewing and the Chief Examiner for the AQA.

Not difinitive but should give a good steer as to what they are looking for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads