This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Don't worry, they're not gonna eat you alive.

Am a second year here at the moment, am sitting in the computer cluster which no doubt you will get to see on your tour.

All the interviewers are alright!!!! Look out for Prof Lowe, he likes to play bad cop but is actually the sweetest loveliest lecturer we have, he knows everything about renal physiology. Look out for Dr Kumar,he's definitly one of the ones to impress, think he's First and Second year tutor, so if he likes you your in!!!

They're not gonna ask you too many(if any) hard biology/chemistry questions, they just want to know why Medicine is what you want to do with the rest of your life. You need to prove that you have a realistic impression of the medical profession, how the medical course is organised, and what life as a Dr will be like.

Top tip: They asked me, what are the steps in the career ladder to become consultant once you graduate from uni, make sure you no this!!!!!!!!!!

Brag about how good you thing b'ham medical school is, mention Firm1 casue that's the best part about this course, in my opinion anyway. If you don't know what is it..read the prospectus...its lots of fun. You must have a good knowledge of the coure or they'll think you don't care!!!

Be enthusiastic and don't be nervous..you need to satnd out!!

Good luck TeresaXXX
mikesgt2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Do Birmingham interview for maths or philosophy?
Saphion
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Don't worry, they're not gonna eat you alive.

Am a second year here at the moment, am sitting in the computer cluster which no doubt you will get to see on your tour.

All the interviewers are alright!!!! Look out for Prof Lowe, he likes to play bad cop but is actually the sweetest loveliest lecturer we have, he knows everything about renal physiology. Look out for Dr Kumar,he's definitly one of the ones to impress, think he's First and Second year tutor, so if he likes you your in!!!

They're not gonna ask you too many(if any) hard biology/chemistry questions, they just want to know why Medicine is what you want to do with the rest of your life. You need to prove that you have a realistic impression of the medical profession, how the medical course is organised, and what life as a Dr will be like.

Top tip: They asked me, what are the steps in the career ladder to become consultant once you graduate from uni, make sure you no this!!!!!!!!!!

Brag about how good you thing b'ham medical school is, mention Firm1 casue that's the best part about this course, in my opinion anyway. If you don't know what is it..read the prospectus...its lots of fun. You must have a good knowledge of the coure or they'll think you don't care!!!

Be enthusiastic and don't be nervous..you need to satnd out!!

Good luck TeresaXXX

I was there on Jan...for the Medic int...the first thing I did, was bang onto on of my penals who were making coffee near the door...opps. They were really kind though...just laughed it off. I hope I didn't hurt him. They didn't ask anything academic actually...
You sound like you are enjoying your course at Brum. How is it like? I got a conditional offer and I am would like to learn more about the course and uni through and insider's view.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by mikesgt2)
Do Birmingham interview for maths or philosophy?
they didnt interview me for maths
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (3)
10%
Virtual campus tours/open days (5)
16.67%
Live streaming events (1)
3.33%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (2)
6.67%
A uni comparison tool (9)
30%
An in-person event when available (10)
33.33%