blue_shift86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hi,

I am new to underwear shopping and was just browsing calvin klein's website on:

http://www.calvinkleininc.com/underwear/men.aspx

and i've no idea what the difference between the 4 different underwear types are:

1) hip brief
2) trunk
3) boxer brief
4) low rise trunk

I just want to buy normal underwear....anyone have any suggestions as to what is normal from the above? I mean 4 bloody types - jesus! What do guys wear like on an everyday basis? - i was thinking boxers? I don't know!!! Someone direct me please:tongue: My current set are crappy ones from peacock which are v-shaped ones (and they hurt). Are boxers more comfortable?

Also calvin klein seem a tad pricey; are they worth the £17 or whatever each they retail for? Anyone know anything a bit more mid range.

cheers

blue
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blue_shift86)

1) hip brief
2) trunk
3) boxer brief
4) low rise trunk
Hip Briefs are basically regular briefs

trunks are basically tight fitting boxers that don't have a lot of length to the legs.

Boxer briefs are tighter fitting as above but have longer legs

low rise trucks are the most horrid things ever, if you come across the CK steel, they are like skin tight trunks and the most uncomfortable thing ever to wear.

best thing to do to find out what they look likeis google "ck trunks" etc..

or pop along to various retailers such as figleaves. alternatively go out to the shops have have a look debenhams usually have a good selection of CK stuff, its where I get all mine from.
blue_shift86
Rep:
?
(Original post by daniel_williams)
Hip Briefs are basically regular briefs

trunks are basically tight fitting boxers that don't have a lot of length to the legs.

Boxer briefs are tighter fitting as above but have longer legs.
hmm...so from the 3 you have mentioned, which is least painful for the scrota? I currently have underwear from when i was 15, which are castrating me alive, but i'm not sure whether it is due to them being brief-like or because they are for 15 year olds! Are CK briefs non-painfully tight around the front?

sorry for the personal question.
Norfolkadam
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
hmm...so from the 3 you have mentioned, which is least painful for the scrota? I currently have underwear from when i was 15, which are castrating me alive, but i'm not sure whether it is due to them being brief-like or because they are for 15 year olds! Are CK briefs non-painfully tight around the front?

For the meantime just buy a pack of cheap-as-can-be boxer shorts from Debenhams or Peacocks or some such for about £5. If you're wearing too-tight briefs and you move onto boxer shorts you will be so much happier.
blue_shift86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
For the meantime just buy a pack of cheap-as-can-be boxer shorts from Debenhams or Peacocks or some such for about £5. If you're wearing too-tight briefs and you move onto boxer shorts you will be so much happier.
I am sure. i think i may just do that! So...are boxers more comfortable than briefs? not personally tried boxers but i get the impression they are like shorts and would thus feel a bit weird not having the support or what not. Do boxers have 'brief-like' support on the inside of their boxer construction?
aidanftw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I ALWAYS wear low rise trunks (apart from at night) After wearing your standard boxers for most my child life, they wear a bit uncomfortable at first but you get used to the sheer lack of breathing space after a while. And if you have a gf and want to impress, they def look the best.
Norfolkadam
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
I am sure. i think i may just do that! So...are boxers more comfortable than briefs? not personally tried boxers but i get the impression they are like shorts and would thus feel a bit weird not having the support or what not. Do boxers have 'brief-like' support on the inside of their boxer construction?
The ones I wear are basically just loose shorts. No support (none needed :yep: ) and comfortable as hell, cheap too. I have a few tighter pairs with designs on that do offer some support but I think they are too awkward to wear so boxers are where it's at. I suppose if you've been wearing briefs going to boxers is a bit like going commando.
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago

personally I'd say trunks or boxer briefs are going to be the best, they have some clingyness to keep you contained but at the same time aren't uncomfortable, briefs are a nono and the low rise trunks when wearing them will feel similar to briefs.
blue_shift86
Rep:
?
personally I'd say trunks or boxer briefs are going to be the best, they have some clingyness to keep you contained but at the same time aren't uncomfortable, briefs are a nono and the low rise trunks when wearing them will feel similar to briefs.
general consensus seems to be towards boxer briefs, so will just get a pair of that and the trunks and then after a trial period get the same of the one i like...

thanks for your advice peops!
blue_shift86
Rep:
?
omfg, i got boxer brief and trunk, but they didn't seem to have boxer briefs without buttons. Are they supposed to come with buttons? and also what is the difference between steel and normal ones? from the picture, steel appeared tighter and more painful...anyone own a pair of boxer brief steel, or whatever they are called?

boxer briefs and trunks are so much better than y-shaped briefs...donno how i survived the last 7 years with those crappy teenage ones.
simkelyte
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you resolve your issue?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (593)
41.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.53%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads