The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ghost
Hi all,
If two people are virgins, can they have sex without any risk of STIs?

Thanks in advance.

On most cases yes. You get an STI by having sex with someone who has one. In some cases they can be passed onto children (I know HIV is acase) but others cant, so if your parents dont have an STI and your partner doesn't and you dont there is no way you can catch one, am I right here people?
Reply 2
Ghost
Hi all,
I know this is probably a silly question, but where do STIs actually start?

Swindon.
Reply 3
historyhoney
On most cases yes. You get an STI by having sex with someone who has one. In some cases they can be passed onto children (I know HIV is acase) but others cant, so if your parents dont have an STI and your partner doesn't and you dont there is no way you can catch one, am I right here people?

Ah, but who had the first? To pass it on? No-one thought of that...

Swindon.

What a ridiculous answer. It's Milton Keynes, and we all know it.
Reply 4
2 5 +

Nope. The STI's migrated north only after the great famine. That was four centuries after they originally settled in Swindon
Reply 5
2 5 +

:eek: *Cries*
Reply 6
2 5 +
Ah, but who had the first? To pass it on? No-one thought of that...
it.

I did but I decided not to say anything as I' didn't know the answer!
Ghost
Hi all,

What I mean is, is a person born with one? If two people are virgins, can they have sex without any risk of STIs?

Thanks in advance.

Your question has basically been answered but I though I'd add, since noone else had, that two virgins haivng sex without a condom will not lead to an STI in most cases but could lead to pregnancy, and so is NOT a good idea.
Chimps were the first ones to acquire HIV (well, it was actually a variant, known as SIV) by eating monkeys. The virus was transmitted to humans and became HIV-1.

As for other STI's, I don't have a clue!
Reply 9
ilovemonkeys
Chimps were the first ones to acquire HIV (well, it was actually a variant, known as SIV) by eating monkeys. The virus was transmitted to humans and became HIV-1.

As for other STI's, I don't have a clue!

The moral here: eating monkeys is never a good idea.
2 5 +
The moral here: eating monkeys is never a good idea.

Yeah and shagging them is worse! :eek:
englishstudent
Yeah and shagging them is worse! :eek:

Well, apparently (there is a rumour anyway) SIV was actually transmitted to humans (HIV) because a man shagged a monkey :eek:
Reply 12
Thanks all for your replies,
in that case, I'm amazed how STIs travel so far so rapidly!
ilovemonkeys
Well, apparently (there is a rumour anyway) SIV was actually transmitted to humans (HIV) because a man shagged a monkey :eek:

Considering your screen name think we may have found the culprit...
ilovemonkeys

I heard it's a British sailor during the middle of the 20th century who brought the virus to Europe.
Reply 15
They orginated from genetic mutations in viruses/bacteria. They then went to Swindon.
timeofyourlife
They orginated from genetic mutations in viruses/bacteria. They then went to Swindon.

Because of that British sailor coming back from Africa?
Reply 17
SamTheMan
Because of that British sailor coming back from Africa?

No, because Swindon is the home of all evil.
timeofyourlife
No, because Swindon is the home of all evil.

Right.
Reply 19
So how did the STI get into the monkey in the first place? I guess it must have started off like the flu or somethin? Hang on, if it can only be passed through sex, how did it start in the first place? Im more confused than I was before I read the thread lol!

Latest

Trending

Trending