The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd rather arrive alone :/
Reply 2
i went with my cousin, were both doing the same course, we travelled there by ourselves aswell.

Up to you really, if you need them there, then go ahead, nothing wrong with it =]
Reply 3
What Bagration said.
im going to hold hands with my mum and get her to walk me in and sit with me.

naaaaaat
Reply 5
I used various relatives for transport of my belongings; so turned up with them.
Reply 6
Surely it's loads easier if your parents drop you off because you'll have loads of stuff? I don't particularly feel like dragging a huge suitcase around London on my own...

I remember my dad dropped my brother off outside his halls then he went in on his own and we went home. That seemed pretty normal.
Reply 7
...my true love sent to me...

:biggrin: sorry, couldn't help it :biggrin:
My parents helped me move all my stuff in, but didn't stay very long. Maybe an hour or so.
I would rather go alone actually, for independence reasons, without anyone getting in the way. What do you think?
My parents would have to travel there and back anyway, which would take too long as the uni is far from home (London/Manchester).
Plus, I think my friends might be going with parents so it will be awkward travelling with them.
Reply 10
I'm gonna be moving quite a way from home so will need my parents to help me brng stuff on the train.
The whole family dropped my brother off at Hull uni, we each had to carry a massive rucksack of his stuff.
Does it really matter? As long as you have someone to help carry all your junk, it's all good.
cruciform
I would rather go alone actually, for independence reasons, without anyone getting in the way. What do you think?
My parents would have to travel there and back anyway, which would take too long as the uni is far from home (London/Manchester).
Plus, I think my friends might be going with parents so it will be awkward travelling with them.

Aren't you worried about having to carry around a load of stuff?

If given the choice I would rather be alone but practically it's going to be so much easier if I have my parents or at least someone there to help me carry my stuff, and plus I don't think it's like anyone is going to notice or care, I would just be making life difficult for myself for stupid reasons.
Reply 13
pfffffffffffft!!!

as if im gonna carry my own stuff! get my daddy to work in dragging the suitcases around so i dont mess my hair hehe :woo:
My whole family came along. They wanted to see my flat and it's not like they stayed for hours, they dropped me off, we had a chat for a bit, they left...
I'll probably take one or both of my parents to help me carry the stuff :biggrin:
I think most people bring their parents, just to help carry belonging up stairs. Then they tend to leave after saying goodbye's etc. At least that's what most people were like at my uni.
jtGRME

:laugh:
Reply 18
jtGRME

Lol You took the words right out of my mouth!

OP I don't think it really matters whether you have your parents with you or not. I am moving in alone only because I'll be moving in over a couple of days and so won't need the extra help.

I'm sure there will be other students taking along their parents so you won't be alone.
I went with my family (parents and brother) who help me get set up and then we had a meal before they left in the mid-afternoon. Most of the people I know where brought by parents although some of them were just left here rather than their parents hanging around for a bit.

I wouldn't have had it any other way. :smile:

Latest