The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
puppy
Morals that are ridiculous are ridiculous. It's an adjective.

:rolleyes: So, could you answer my question now? Note the word 'why'.
kew96158

They're only ridiculous if they don't suit you. Some people want to sleep around, behave a certain way and not have to suffer the consequences. You have to accept that morals are part of being a social being. If you have different morals, you can't expect people to have the same as you.
Reply 22
kew96158

*sigh* I never said morals were ridiculous I asked if anyone had any ridiculous morlas i.e. certain morals that I would view as ridiculous, not morals in general that I see as wholly ridiculous.
Reply 23
kew96158

Not much of a question really, if anything it should be self-evident. Anything, by definition, can be "ridiculous" if it provokes a person to laughter, or to think it absurd by virtue of its unreasonableness or silliness. What puppy is asking in essence is whether anyone holds any moral point of view that she would find risible or preposterous. Of course you could respond that you can't possibly know what she would find ridiculous, and I suppose that's a valid, but not insurmountable, objection.
svidrigailov
Not much of a question really, if anything it should be self-evident. Anything, by definition, can be "ridiculous" if it provokes a person to laughter, or to think it absurd by virtue of its unreasonableness or silliness. What puppy is asking in essence is whether anyone holds any moral point of view that she would find risible or preposterous. Of course you could respond that you can't possibly know what she would find ridiculous, and I suppose that's a valid, but not insurmountable, objection.

Simply put, they're only ridiculous if it makes YOU laugh. It's totally subjective. You can't impose that certain morals are ridiculous for everyone.
Reply 25
It depends. My college is pretty incestuous and everyone pulls every (not sleeping with though). You can do a fun link of pulling through about 30 ppl and work your way back to yourself, with lots of crossed wires.

However if it was sex it'd be far too intimate. If it's just for fun, I don't think guys mind sleeping with a girl their friend has already had. But I personally wouldn't want to sleep with a guy my friend has slept with.
Reply 26
SamTheMan
Simply put, they're only ridiculous if it makes YOU laugh. It's totally subjective. You can't impose that certain morals are ridiculous for everyone.

Ignoring that rather bizarre use of 'impose', I quite agree; in fact that was my point, and puppy's; the purpose of your repeating our points back to us escapes me.
Reply 27
svidrigailov
Of course you could respond that you can't possibly know what she would find ridiculous, and I suppose that's a valid, but not insurmountable, objection.

Exactly. That was what lay at the core of my question.

Edit: I wasn't questioning the fact that puppy thought the morals are ridiculous; what I was asking was what made her in particular, specifically, think that.
svidrigailov
Ignoring that rather bizarre use of 'impose', I quite agree; in fact that was my point, and puppy's; the purpose of your repeating our points back to us escapes me.

I meant you can't impose the idea that certain morals are ridiculous...
Reply 29
SamTheMan
I meant you can't impose the idea that certain morals are ridiculous...

Yes, I got that; nor did she try to.
svidrigailov
Yes, I got that; nor did she try to.

I got that too! awesome.
Reply 31
SamTheMan
I got that too! awesome.

Quite.
Reply 32
Anyone fancy discussing the topic at hand?
Reply 33
puppy
Anyone fancy discussing the topic at hand?

Nah.
Reply 34
it depends, sometimes it will be fine but other times your mate may not be over his/her ex in which case there can be problems. when it wasnt a serious relationship or if it was just a fling then id go for it myself but then again if it was something longer lasting or a long on off relationship its not worth losing a mate for
no i dont think you can sleep with their mates. you'll look like a slag and end up hurting them. people will have no respect for you.unless you've been with the mate for mayb a year after the other one, the n is ok
to me it's one of those things that'll depend in specific situations; if you slept with someone, just for fun, with no real comitment or feelings involved, there might not be anything wrong with sleeping with their mates. Then again if you were in a relationship it doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do. I guess it'll all depends on whether there's a chance you'll hurt someone or not
SamTheMan
Puppy, why do you try to reassure yourself? Whatever you do, you'll have to accept that some guys will not respect you because of it. You can't just say "It's my past, none of your business!" What kind of attitude is that? How do you expect to get close to someone with that kind of attitude?

totally agree wiv u :smile:
Reply 38
Asian cutie
totally agree wiv u :smile:

My personal life has nothing to do with this thread and even less to do with you so I don't appreciate your agreeing with someone regarding my situation when you don't have a first clue who I am.
ok...i better say my bit.

now then i know this isnt about you so im just gonna say this as if anyone is thinking of doing it...

DON'T DO IT!

i totally agree with magiccarpet. you will end up looking like a right slag. i think its stupid how some people on here have said "shag anything in sight" "you're only young" "get loadsa sexual experience".

how old are you lot? 14?

come on thats ridiculous. i mean, yea your past is ur past so u dont have to tell ur bf or anything but still...u shag anything in sight and u could end up pregnant with infections etc. is it really worth it? no, i dont think so.

some of u lot really need to grow up.

karen x

Latest

Trending

Trending