Maths SENIOR CHALLENGE! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Karen_je
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey is anybody doing A-level maths out there and doing the Maths senior challenge???? We had a practice test and there's nothing i can revise for so i was wondering if anyone knew anything that could help me!!!!!!!!!
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
u what? maths challenge?? :confused: :confused:
Karen_je
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
u what? maths challenge?? :confused: :confused:
yeah i have a maths challenge tomorrow, we only got told about it on friday though! You answer 25 questions and for each question you get wrong you get a mark deducted but you start off with 25 points so you can't get minus any marks!

Its really really hard!!
sock
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Karen_je)
Hey is anybody doing A-level maths out there and doing the Maths senior challenge???? We had a practice test and there's nothing i can revise for so i was wondering if anyone knew anything that could help me!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm doing it. I've done the Maths Challenge for the past 4 years and I've never revised for it (or done a practice test), I don't think it's the sort of thing you can revise for, the questions aren't really related to the syllabus.

Good luck!
Karen_je
http://www.ukmt.org.uk/

thats the website and if you click on "the competitions" then it will show you that we have one on the 11th November 2003 which is tomorrow!
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.ukmt.org.uk/

thats the website and if you click on "the competitions" then it will show you that we have one on the 11th November 2003 which is tomorrow!
oh, never heard of ti before, but good luck, btw, what kinda questions r they?? just curous
Karen_je
(Original post by sock)
Yeah, I'm doing it. I've done the Maths Challenge for the past 4 years and I've never revised for it (or done a practice test), I don't think it's the sort of thing you can revise for, the questions aren't really related to the syllabus.

Good luck!

Good luck too, my theory is i get to miss sociology and i hate that subject so why not take the subject!
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh, never heard of ti before, but good luck, btw, what kinda questions r they?? just curous
actually, im tryin the sample ones
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i just got 4 out of 10, and didnt even rerad the questions, checked random answers lol
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I'll be doing that tomorrow too. Fun fun fun!
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I'll be doing that tomorrow too. Fun fun fun!
Oops. That was me.
Karen_je

The value of the product WXYZ is 2002 and W,X,Y,Z are prime numbers. What is the value of W^2 +X^2 + Y^2 + Z^2?

A 66
B 203
C 260
D 285
E 343
sock
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good luck too, my theory is i get to miss sociology and i hate that subject so why not take the subject!
I'm missing a double free period. Remind me again why I'm doing this? Yuck *bangs head on table*

Good luck to everyone else who is taking it
Karen_je
(Original post by sock)
I'm missing a double free period. Remind me again why I'm doing this? Yuck *bangs head on table*

Good luck to everyone else who is taking it

Because people think you're smart if you say you're doing a senior maths challenge??
++Hex++
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ohh, Maths Challenge, I did those at school! I thought they were quite good fun, actually. No revision, just a bunch of puzzles. It's not like it matters if you get no points, why worry?
GingerIsKing
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I have that tomorrow as well. I have not done any before and have only recently seen a past paper. DAMN it's scary!! Just to top this off I have to miss the later half my lunch break, AND I go home for lunch so i'll have to run about before it.

So, im not to happy about it.........

Any tips would be appreciated. Seriously ANY AT ALL!!
Even basic knowledge!! I got a A* at GCSE but that seems to count for nothing in this test.

Joe
theone
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by GingerIsKing)
I have that tomorrow as well. I have not done any before and have only recently seen a past paper. DAMN it's scary!! Just to top this off I have to miss the later half my lunch break, AND I go home for lunch so i'll have to run about before it.

Even basic knowledge!! I got a A* at GCSE but that seems to count for nothing in this test.

Joe
Understand maths and you'll have no problem
jediknight007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I remember this! I did the Maths Junior Challenge though, back in Year 7 and got a Bronze certificate for it. Kinda lost it now and wished I had taken good care of it! Would have looked kinda good in my NRA.
Karen_je
(Original post by GingerIsKing)

Joe
Read the questions really really carefully, because they always make it confusing and you have to have your answer correct and precise! There's some practise questions on their website.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The value of the product WXYZ is 2002 and W,X,Y,Z are prime numbers. What is the value of W^2 +X^2 + Y^2 + Z^2?

A 66
B 203
C 260
D 285
E 343
E
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (763)
90.4%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed