The Student Room Group

Is it possible to take your horse to uni with you?

Is it possible to take your horse to uni with you? And if yes which vet unis offer this luxary???

I am hoping to apply for vet sci at uni next yr and if i get in which i REALLY REALLY WANT to then it will mean saying goodbye 2 my horse which is bad

i heard that at edin and glasgow you could take ur oss, is this tru? and r there any tohers that do this?

any info much appreciated

em ;-p
Reply 1

Of course you can! Don't forget sugar cubes.
Reply 2
You could also supplement your loan by selling manure....
Reply 3
Are you applying for Veterinary Scicences (3 years) or VetMed/Science(5 years)?
I have never heard about being able to keep your horse at Uni, but are you going to have as much time to ride/look after it?
Reply 4
Hawk
Are you applying for Veterinary Scicences (3 years) or VetMed/Science(5 years)?
I have never heard about being able to keep your horse at Uni, but are you going to have as much time to ride/look after it?

:biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Yeah, a lot of people use their horses in the corridors of their uni.

In edin and glasgow they even let you take them to lectures.
Reply 6
Bilal786
Yeah, a lot of people use their horses in the corridors of their uni.

In edin and glasgow they even let you take them to lectures.

I have a baby elephant that sits outside my windom and i feed her peanuts.
Reply 7
LOL. :biggrin:
Seriously though, couldn't you just find a stables nearby to keep your horse at? However like someone already said , your not going to have that much time for riding.
Reply 8
A couple of people in first year at the moment at Ed (doing vet) have brought their own horses up. They keep them at local stables (i think there is a particularly good one at dalkeith) but this usually means that you need transport to be able to get there so you might have to consider bringing a car too. some folks find that they dont have enough time to look after their horse so find someone to share it with. Obviously this depends on whether you keep your horse on DIY or have full livery. It is definitely possible tho
Reply 9
messy
A couple of people in first year at the moment at Ed (doing vet) have brought their own horses up. They keep them at local stables (i think there is a particularly good one at dalkeith) but this usually means that you need transport to be able to get there so you might have to consider bringing a car too. some folks find that they dont have enough time to look after their horse so find someone to share it with. Obviously this depends on whether you keep your horse on DIY or have full livery. It is definitely possible tho

YOU JOKER
ecapes
Is it possible to take your horse to uni with you? And if yes which vet unis offer this luxary???

I am hoping to apply for vet sci at uni next yr and if i get in which i REALLY REALLY WANT to then it will mean saying goodbye 2 my horse which is bad

i heard that at edin and glasgow you could take ur oss, is this tru? and r there any tohers that do this?

any info much appreciated

em ;-p

I doubt he'd fit on the train

Latest