?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
this is FAO americans really... im going to pennsylvania for at least 5 months in january, whats it like there? (weather, wildlife, cities, prices, prosperity, crime & severity of policing etc. etc.)

even more specifically, whats the city of mercersburg like? (where im going)

Home to a very famous business school. May find yourself a rich broad when you're there...be the end of any potential financial worry that may come about during your time as an undergrad
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why on earth do you want to come here? Its' the worst place on the planet!

Just kidding, it's not bad really, winter can be a bit harsh and they are calling for a bad one this year, we get an average of 1-2' of snow on a good winter a bad one brings in around 3-4'. Not sure what you are used to. Spring is always nice around here. There is plenty of wildlife but wether you see it depends on your location. I'm not real familiar w/ mecersburg but I don't think it is that big, not like philly or pittsburgh.
Have you tried doing a search for their city homepage?
As far as prices go....
Subway hoagie $4.00
Mcdonalds value meal $3-5.00
gas $1.56 a gallon
Ciggarettes $2.50-$5.00 per pack
Soda $1.00
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by J.S.)
Home to a very famous business school. May find yourself a rich broad when you're there...be the end of any potential financial worry that may come about during your time as an undergrad
lol that would be nice :d
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
Why on earth do you want to come here? Its' the worst place on the planet!

Just kidding, it's not bad really, winter can be a bit harsh and they are calling for a bad one this year, we get an average of 1-2' of snow on a good winter a bad one brings in around 3-4'. Not sure what you are used to. Spring is always nice around here. There is plenty of wildlife but wether you see it depends on your location. I'm not real familiar w/ mecersburg but I don't think it is that big, not like philly or pittsburgh.
Have you tried doing a search for their city homepage?
As far as prices go....
Subway hoagie $4.00
Mcdonalds value meal $3-5.00
gas $1.56 a gallon
Ciggarettes $2.50-$5.00 per pack
Soda $1.00
thanks for that info infinity. snow eh? i havent seen any of that down here for several winters, itll be nice to see some and maybe make a snowman stuff looks cheap according to thjose prices, especially petrol and cigs (but i wont be driving or smoking oh well lol)
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
go to the princeton review board and ask there

http://discuss.princetonreview.com/f...ex.cfm?cfapp=3
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Linda)
go to the princeton review board and ask there

http://discuss.princetonreview.com/f...ex.cfm?cfapp=3
:confused: im not going to a uni, im going to a prep school which is 15-18 i think
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whereabouts in Pennsylvania are you going? I went to Philadelphia about 3 years ago and it was so great!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
:confused: im not going to a uni, im going to a prep school which is 15-18 i think
What exactly is a prep school and why do you need to go there if you have already got your a-levels?
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
What exactly is a prep school and why do you need to go there if you have already got your a-levels?
i dont 'need' to go there but itll be a great cultural experience for my gap year
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
u just wanna pull the girls there lol
not1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
u just wanna pull the girls there lol
yes that will be a nice pastime while im there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (19)
44.19%
Take exams next summer (10)
23.26%
Change uni choice through clearing (9)
20.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
9.3%
I'm not applying to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads