Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    this is FAO americans really... im going to pennsylvania for at least 5 months in january, whats it like there? (weather, wildlife, cities, prices, prosperity, crime & severity of policing etc. etc.)

even more specifically, whats the city of mercersburg like? (where im going)

Home to a very famous business school. May find yourself a rich broad when you're there...be the end of any potential financial worry that may come about during your time as an undergrad

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth do you want to come here? Its' the worst place on the planet!

Just kidding, it's not bad really, winter can be a bit harsh and they are calling for a bad one this year, we get an average of 1-2' of snow on a good winter a bad one brings in around 3-4'. Not sure what you are used to. Spring is always nice around here. There is plenty of wildlife but wether you see it depends on your location. I'm not real familiar w/ mecersburg but I don't think it is that big, not like philly or pittsburgh.
    Have you tried doing a search for their city homepage?
    As far as prices go....
    Subway hoagie $4.00
    Mcdonalds value meal $3-5.00
    gas $1.56 a gallon
    Ciggarettes $2.50-$5.00 per pack
    Soda $1.00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    Home to a very famous business school. May find yourself a rich broad when you're there...be the end of any potential financial worry that may come about during your time as an undergrad
    lol that would be nice :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Why on earth do you want to come here? Its' the worst place on the planet!

Just kidding, it's not bad really, winter can be a bit harsh and they are calling for a bad one this year, we get an average of 1-2' of snow on a good winter a bad one brings in around 3-4'. Not sure what you are used to. Spring is always nice around here. There is plenty of wildlife but wether you see it depends on your location. I'm not real familiar w/ mecersburg but I don't think it is that big, not like philly or pittsburgh.
    Have you tried doing a search for their city homepage?
    As far as prices go....
    Subway hoagie $4.00
    Mcdonalds value meal $3-5.00
    gas $1.56 a gallon
    Ciggarettes $2.50-$5.00 per pack
    Soda $1.00
    thanks for that info infinity. snow eh? i havent seen any of that down here for several winters, itll be nice to see some and maybe make a snowman stuff looks cheap according to thjose prices, especially petrol and cigs (but i wont be driving or smoking oh well lol)

ReputationRep:
    go to the princeton review board and ask there

http://discuss.princetonreview.com/f...ex.cfm?cfapp=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    go to the princeton review board and ask there

http://discuss.princetonreview.com/f...ex.cfm?cfapp=3
    :confused: im not going to a uni, im going to a prep school which is 15-18 i think

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts in Pennsylvania are you going? I went to Philadelphia about 3 years ago and it was so great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    :confused: im not going to a uni, im going to a prep school which is 15-18 i think
    What exactly is a prep school and why do you need to go there if you have already got your a-levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    What exactly is a prep school and why do you need to go there if you have already got your a-levels?
    i dont 'need' to go there but itll be a great cultural experience for my gap year

u just wanna pull the girls there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    u just wanna pull the girls there lol
    yes that will be a nice pastime while im there

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.