Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on why the CCF is completely and utterly useless as an organisation?

Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Thanks...
    I don't mean to sound stupid or anything but what is the CCF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Combined Cadet Forces...ie army type stuff. I'm trying to prove that a banana and a packet of crisps are more useful than the CCF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Combined Cadet Forces...ie army type stuff. I'm trying to prove that a banana and a packet of crisps are more useful than the CCF.
    They have CCF at my school.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Ah , sounds interesting. Good luck!

(Original post by gemgems89)
    COMBINED CANNON FODDER

It's the Combined Cadet Force. In can have sections from the 'Army' , 'RAF' and 'Navy'. We have one at my school actually it's a laugh. It's sponsored by the MOD and is basically and unofficial officer recruitment organisation. This is illustrated by the fact it is often set up in private schools etc. UnPC I know but true. It works quite well in that many people who would not have considered the forces now do often as officers.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that what Prince Harry Krishnar did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Thanks...
    Because it just is 3 years of 1 hour a week for me, totally wasted when it really achieves you nothing at the end of the day...

(Original post by Bhaal85)
    Isn't that what Prince Harry Krishnar did?
    The army is a totally useless waste of expenditure. If it wasn't for all the muslim extremists trying to attack us, we wouldnt need to spend billions a year on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    The army is a totally useless waste of expenditure. If it wasn't for all the muslim extremists trying to attack us, we wouldnt need to spend billions a year on it!
    I meant Prince Harry of England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Thanks...
    CCF = wannabe soldiers playing with guns, often dangerously even with blanks, look like sacks of shite and automatically go into the 'I am in the military' routine..and think 'oh I can go and fook around on bases for the proper military or oooo aren't I a hard nut cause I am wearing camos'...in conclusion, the CCF are knob jockies...period. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    CCF = wannabe soldiers playing with guns, often dangerously even with blanks, look like sacks of shite and automatically go into the 'I am in the military' routine..and think 'oh I can go and fook around on bases for the proper military or oooo aren't I a hard nut cause I am wearing camos'...in conclusion, the CCF are knob jockies...period. Nuff said.
    Shut up, you really have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You can eat a banana and a packet of crisps.

ReputationRep:
    jeez, you have no idea of rationality...the army is not a waste of money as are the rest of the forces...such a statement discredits the sacrifice men and women make both with their lives so that peace may prevail. although the definition of peace varies, what they do must not be blamed on them. Although they may not be doing 'anything' in your eyes, if you knew what went on i.e portection of air space etc., you would soon realise that the forces serve discourage attacks by their very presence. Also, muslim extremism is a more recent disease...after all, in Kosovo, the forces were needed to prevent a genocide of the muslims..such generalistions made are misinformed and unprudent. I hope conscription is brought in to sort out slackers like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Shut up, you really have no idea...
    I do have a idea from Having parents and other family in the REAL military

so, to sum up, you do not have an idea period...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    I do have a idea from Having parents and other family in the REAL military

so, to sum up, you do not have an idea period...
    Yeah, only having been a part of the CCF for 3 years...

Ok. I take it you aren't a member. Safety is always extremely important. I had to do months of safety drills before I even got near a rifle with blanks. It allows you to develop many interpersonal skills i.e leadership and team work very effectively. I'm not who you would consider the average cadet to be, a girl who wants to go to med school. I don't think I'm in the real army or have the 'gung-ho' attitude that people hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Yeah, only having been a part of the CCF for 3 years...
    Well, I my dad has been in the RAF for 23 years

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I take it you aren't a member. Safety is always extremely important. I had to do months of safety drills before I even got near a rifle with blanks. It allows you to develop many interpersonal skills i.e leadership and team work very effectively. I'm not who you would consider the average cadet to be, a girl who wants to go to med school. I don't think I'm in the real army or have the 'gung-ho' attitude that people hate
    I know it is a generalisation, but I have known of cases...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.