Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Well, I my dad has been in the RAF for 23 years
    and my I add that's 23 years in the REAL military so I think those 3 years of a hobby do not have much on 23 years of professional service

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I think someone who has spent an hour a week for the past three years dressing up and pretending to be a soldier deserves as much respect as someone who has spent 23 years in one fo the greatest forces on the planet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but from personal experience I can tell you that what you're saying about the CCF, where I live anyway, is completely untrue.

Just because your dads been in the RAF for 23 years doesn't mean you can openly criticise the CCF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Hmmm, I think someone who has spent an hour a week for the past three years dressing up and pretending to be a soldier deserves as much respect as someone who has spent 23 years in one fo the greatest forces on the planet.
    what??????!!!!!...

ReputationRep:
    what??????!!!!!...
    sorry, very difficult to convey sarcasm over the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Yes, but from personal experience I can tell you that what you're saying about the CCF, where I live anyway, is completely untrue.

Just because your dads been in the RAF for 23 years doesn't mean you can openly criticise the CCF
    it does believe me and I have compared how the CCF conducts themselves at my school compared to what I have seen in the many bases I have lived on..and you CCF lot think you can come and lay around in the bloody mess...seen that before..jeez

ReputationRep:
    Huntroyde, I'm not asking for respect...

ReputationRep:
    it does believe me and I have compared how the CCF conducts themselves at my school compared to what I have seen in the many bases I have lived on..and you CCF lot think you can come and lay around in the bloody mess...seen that before..jeez
    I'm sorry, but we're not knob jockies, we don't, for the most part, want to be soldiers, we don't think were hard because we wear cams and we don't play with blanks, let alone dangerously.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but we're not knob jockies, we don't, for the most part, want to be soldiers, we don't think were hard because we wear cams and we don't play with blanks, let alone dangerously.
    Well many seem to want to...

ReputationRep:
    Well many seem to want to...
    No offence, but none that I've ever been with...

ReputationRep:
    CCF = wannabe soldiers playing with guns, often dangerously even with blanks, look like sacks of shite and automatically go into the 'I am in the military' routine..and think 'oh I can go and fook around on bases for the proper military or oooo aren't I a hard nut cause I am wearing camos'...in conclusion, the CCF are knob jockies...period. Nuff said.
    I don't particularly need to attack what the CCF does, as long as I can prove that a banana and a packet of crisps are more useful than it.

ReputationRep:
    I am a member of the CCF Naval Section and I enjoy it. We do some fun stuff like powerboating, yachting, and sailing all free of charge. There are also things on during the holidays: I have been on six or seven mountaineering trips sponsored by the CCF, and there are also general military and adventurous camps, and loads of free courses you can go on (scuba diving, climbing, sailing, and others). Not everyone would like it, but it's all very good fun if you do like that sort of thing.

As for how "useful" it is, I'm not sure. It seems to work as a recruiting organisation (which it claims not to be!), every year people from my school join the armed forces mainly because of good CCF experiences.

obviously, some of you guys have a real prob with the CCF. Basically, it's just a youth group and learning a bit of disapline has never harmed anyone. Sadly, we need an army and the CCF doesn't pretend to be part of the army. I have upmost respect for members of the forces who protect us on a daily basis. Many students I know hadn't even considered the forces as a career option but the CCF has opened their eyes to it. Surely, it can't be a prob if good A level students now apply to the Forces it canb only be good for all involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    obviously, some of you guys have a real prob with the CCF. Basically, it's just a youth group and learning a bit of disapline has never harmed anyone. Sadly, we need an army and the CCF doesn't pretend to be part of the army. I have upmost respect for members of the forces who protect us on a daily basis. Many students I know hadn't even considered the forces as a career option but the CCF has opened their eyes to it. Surely, it can't be a prob if good A level students now apply to the Forces it canb only be good for all involved.
    Yes but is it more useful than a packet of crisps and a banana?

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but none that I've ever been with...
    ahh go parade, and if you ride a bike dont wear ur camo or ul get run over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    ahh go parade, and if you ride a bike dont wear ur camo or ul get run over
    ?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.