This discussion is closed.
gaga_kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
do any of u believe television is an artform. its a widely debated topic at the moment. wondering your views?

I think television is the biggest and brightest way to express emotions and it can shape a persons mood for that day. programmes can bring such a cathartic experience....
gaga_kid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone?
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Television is a medium through which art can be expressed. Equally though, other mediums (such as the internet or books) serve the same purpose.

And yes, I suppose your mood is shaped by things you watch. However, what you watch may be influenced by mood. Things you watch can perhaps exagerate mood? Or reinforce something you were feeling already?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Television is a medium through which art can be expressed. Equally though, other mediums (such as the internet or books) serve the same purpose.

And yes, I suppose your mood is shaped by things you watch. However, what you watch may be influenced by mood. Things you watch can perhaps exagerate mood? Or reinforce something you were feeling already?
Ofcourse it is. Filmaking, scripwriting, documentaries and music are all forms of art and are all shown on television. Although I admit to watching soaps.. some of the crap that comes through overshadows a lot of the good programmes that are shown...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads