Turn on thread page Beta

did anyone else find this paper rather poorly worded?

I can't remember which board mine was with.. did you do short or long course, foundation or higher?
    I did higher long, and the 1st question on mine was 10 marks, asking you to put ticks against parts
    of a computer to say whether they were input, output, or storage. *snigger*

Rachel

i did short course higher we had 3 10 mark essay style questions, which gave you hardly any
    guidance, 'what should be included in a guide, to enable someone to manually operate a computer
    controlled greenhouse'

Yeh the paper was very poorly worded. I did the Edexcel Full Course Higher Paper. The wording was poor. A lot of the questions were very easy. But there were some hard ones. There again im only in Yr 10. :D

ReputationRep:
    Damn right! there are terrible questions that give away alot of marks... i'm gonna be sitting my ICT paper in 2 weeks... and from the past year papers, it is often hard to get full marks for questions. They are poorly worded and you have to check the next questions to make sure that you aren't answering questions that are asked in the latter questions. Its a time consuming paper as well...
    for my mock exam i completed the exam in 45 mins out of 2 hours i think. it was horrible! it is important to use the time and make notes on questions that you think you could get full marks on to tick off where you think you deserrve the marks!
    luckily i onli need 53% in the exam to get an overall A* haha
    doing Full course and i'm not gonna bother studying for the exam
    good luck to everyone sitting it...
    Ben

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.