Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I feel linguistically inept.

I erm... speak English, and German to GCSE level. Feh!
    If it makes you feel better, I don't know any German whatsoever, so you may be superior to me in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    That's awful. Hang your head in shame.
    Aw come on its not that bad... I have another one...

What did the half eaten naan say?
    I wish I was puri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    English, punjabi, urdu I'm fluent in, and I have a very good working knowledge of hindi and french.

Kiddaaa, sab khuush teek taak hai?

ReputationRep:
    I speak English (JUST), grammatically bad fluent french (it's the colonies u know my mum is french canadian), a fair amount of spanish however I can understand it, I understand Latin but fell asleep in my GCSE exams for it (drooled on the paper too) and I'm trying my hand at a bit of catonese and dutch and the moment...my friends are teaching me...mostly rude words and how to say corrr he's fit...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I forgot, I can speak basic pig latin! So uck-say my ick-day itch-bay! Heeheehee

Urdu similar to Punjabi??? Nehiiiiiiiii!!!!!! Ye chuut he!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Je suis desolé, mais je ne comprends tout pas ca....
    there is goes again my grammatically incorrect french, though today i was told I can get an A easy because i have a "feel" for the language, yeah when you grow up having your mum shout at you "ARRET! ARRET! Vous etes une petite merde" you kinda do know what that means and have a "feel" for the language

ReputationRep:
    A mon avis, parlant à une autre langue est la plus grande chose que vous pouvez faire. Pour pouvoir communiquer avec les millions d'autres gens est fantastique, je pense que tout le monde devrait être enseigné deux langues de la naissance. Que pensez-vous?
    Meiner Meinung nach Sprechen, das eine andere Sprache das größte Ding ist, das Sie machen können. Mit Millionen anderer Leute kommunizieren zu können, phantastisch denke, ich ist, daß jeder zwei Sprachen von Geburt gelehrt werden sollte. Was denken Sie?
    Etter min mening er taling enda et språk den største tingen som De gjør. Kommuniserer med millioner av annet folk er fantastisk, jeg tror at alle lærer to språk fra fødsel. Hva gjør De tror?
    就我看来,说另一种语言是你能够做的最伟大的东西。为了能与成百万其 他的人联络是幻想的,我想每个人该被教来自诞生的二种语言。你看我该 怎么办?

Ok the first one i did myself but the rest i used a translator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Je suis desolé, mais je ne comprends tout pas ca....
    there is goes again my grammatically incorrect french, though today i was told I can get an A easy because i have a "feel" for the language, yeah when you grow up having your mum shout at you "ARRET! ARRET! Vous etes une petite merde" you kinda do know what that means and have a "feel" for the language
    Your mum called you a little sh*t?!?! <no vavavoom face> I would knock her out and give her a 'mal a la tete'!

Err what I said was... just take the first letter in the second part of each hyphenated word, put this letter at the front of the word, and from there you can figure out that you have to drop the rest of the second part to make the word. Hope it helps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Err what I said was... just take the first letter in the second part of each hyphenated word, put this letter at the front of the word, and from there you can figure out that you have to drop the rest of the second part to make the word. Hope it helps...
    I was hinting more towards the Punjabi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I was hinting more towards the Punjabi!
    O-kaaaaaay then:

Nehi = no, hence Nehiiiiiiiiii! = Noooooooooo!
    Ye chuut he (for want of a better way to put it) = This is a lie!!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.