London
Visit website
Reply 2
NDGAARONDI
Which course?

Media and Culture
ZahraF
Media and Culture

You could find better alternatives. Tbh I don't know much about it.
Reply 4
bansheeee*
i went there no ,i dropped out after a few months ,it's a dump to be honest and a degree from there is worse than useless and it's in the middle of the biggest council estate in the world the locals are nicknamed ''mutants'' Lol

Is it that bad? What course did you do?
It's one of the best places for teaching/education courses, not as great for other subjects. Not sure about Media and Culture :smile:
Reply 6
Interesting. Thanks for the responses.
Reply 7
I have been told that it's excellent for Primary Education.
Reply 8
it is in a **** location but great for teaching degrees.
SOme of the building are lovely some are ****
dg2008
it is in a **** location but great for teaching degrees.
SOme of the building are lovely some are ****

Is it really that bad a location? I thought the main campus was quite pretty! Or are you just referring to the council estates next door? :smile:
Kingston's good for media and cultural studies, that's kind of near Roehampton!

I don't know anything about Roehampton University but my mate lives near it, I've always thought it was pretty posh-looking!
Reply 11
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Is it really that bad a location? I thought the main campus was quite pretty! Or are you just referring to the council estates next door? :smile:

well the main buildings are lovely off roehampton lane etc

Mount Claire is a lovely building but to get to it you go past some horrible blocks of flats, some people use their balances as a bin!!!!! Dunsbury Ave/Roehampton Lane, once your on Minstead gardens and basically off Dunsbury Ave it's very nice.

Putney Heath is lovely and so is anything off Roehampton Lane past the Dunsbury Ave corner
i'm thinking fo applying for biomedicine :s-smilie: do u think its good for that at all?
Original post by NiruPrashanth
i'm thinking fo applying for biomedicine :s-smilie: do u think its good for that at all?

You could do better...
Reply 14
Well i'm at roehampton studying journalism and news media/ media and culture.

I love it here everyone is friendly the staff are nice and there is great social life and societies from rowing club, and all other sports such as tennis,
football,
cheer-leading,
rugby.
Etc

film society, afro-caribbean society, muslim women society, roehampton choir

there are 4 chapels on campus so you can go there on sunday if u live in halls

one is methodist, the other is catholic, another is coe to be honest cant remember what the other one is.

I'm in my third year and i love it...everyone kind of mind their own business at this uni. U don't feel a lot of peer pressure
Original post by ZahraF
Can anyone tell me if this uni is good or not?

I'm in my first year at Roehampton at the moment, so I'll list the good and bad points, from my point of view:-

Good:
* The lecturers are great, and pros in their field
* The campus is beauuuutiful (especially Frobel)
* The social life is great, and it's quite easy to make friends, as it is quite a small campus, so you get to know people quick enough
*There are loads of societies, film, dance, sports, etc.

Bad:
* It's quite a long walk/bus ride into town to get a weekly shop, and the shops on campus are very expensive
* The area isn't very central London, and quite leafy and suburban
* The accomodation is a bit rubbish, and quite expensive

If you have any more questions, just ask :smile:
I went there and dropped out after yr 1, it was the worst experience of my life. The course was soooo disorganised and the lecturers....they were the most useless people on the face of earth. They lecturers didn't give a f about the students at all for some reason.

Seriously go to another uni, dont waste ur money on that foul place
Don't Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stuck here right now doing dance (which is supposedly good) and trying to organize a transfer!!!!!! and yes, Roehampton is a complete dump, although the uni grounds are lovely. Froebel Old court is by far the best accommodation because I live here and It's all being newly renovated and the rooms and showers and kitchens are huge :smile: but the degrees are crap unless you're doing education so don't bother for science or media. Kingston is meant to be much better! x
basically im confused between choosing which uni to put as firm nd insurance. Im confused between bradford...westminster and roehampton....what do u guys reckon? no firm for roehamptom?
p.s i wanna do biomedicine?
Hi I go to the University of Bradford. Whilst I don't study biomed I do know people that do and have managed to get placements, and enjoyed there time here. I would honestly go up for a opening day before making your decision. The university if great but the city isn't without its problems. Quite a lot of drug crime, and the nightlife isn't that great. However the plus side is that Leeds is 10 minutes away on the train, about 8 miles.

Never heard of Roehampton and by the sounds of it neither will a future employer. I would personally check league tables for employability and student satisfaction, visit the uni's before you make a choice, it's where you'll be spending the next 3/4+ years of your life.

Referring to how the UCAS system works, You put the firm as the university you would most likely want to go to, and if they reject you on results day, the decision moves down to your insurance. If insurance reject you it moves down to 3rd, 4th & 5th.

I hope this was helpful.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest