The Student Room Group

Total lack of past papers

many people in as will no how i feel, all my subjects aare new spec therefore there ar next to no past paper, and it driving me insane, past papers i find the best methods of revision and i cant do them :frown: any tips ????
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation!
I think we will just have to use old specs past papers. I think the only benefit of having a new spec is that grade boundaries are usually low for the first year.
freeexampapers.com

old spec but still
Reply 4
i think the new specification releases example papers but not that many. They would give you a feel of the marking, how many q's etc etc. But wouldnt let you predict what will come up
Yeah, I always wonder how hard it must be for you guys without past papers, I'd probably find it really hard if I didn't have them :tongue:
Make them up. That could be a revision technique per se. :smile:
necessarily benevolent

I agree :smile:
Use relevant questions from the old specs.
Find out if your teachers will give you some specimens. So, of the new stuff that appears in the specimen, whatever new stuff doesn't show, is bound to show up in the real exams...
Try to find the relevant modules from the old spec. THis is very difficult for subjects such as Geography which a different type of question paper means the exam technique is completely different.
Reply 10
necessarily benevolent

:yep:

That's what I did when revising for the January exams.

Latest