The Student Room Group

AQA AS Citizenship Studies

Is anyone on here taking it this summer? Or has anyone taken it previously?

I'm thinking of entering for the AS exams this summer. I'm not going to do any revision or any preparation for it; it just seems like an easy 'AS' level I could achieve without much work.

Any advice you could give me on the subject itself would be appreciated too. Thanks.
Reply 1
the spec pretty much says it all, last year it contained info about the citizens & the state (simple law) and social stuff.
I do it now and it's easy. I never really go to the lessons either. It's basically just an over glorified pub quiz. Example question: 'what is racism?' get it?
I have one teacher who takes it very seriously though.
Reply 3
Yeah I've done it and only did revision the night before and got an A. Most of it's just common sense and knowing a bit of current affairs. Why are you doing it though? The majority of decent unis don't accept it and I only did it because it was compulsory at my school.

Oh and I've just seen you've already got your offers. So it really would be a waste of time doing the exam.
i got it 2mw!!! arg!!!!!!! help i dont kno anything :frown:
i dont do it but i've just looked at the A2 unit's content on the AQA website

Unit 3: Power and Justice
What is Crime?
What is Justice?
Who speaks on our behalf?
How is the UK governed?

Unit 4: Global Issues and Making a Difference
Universal Human Rights
Global Issues
Active Citizenship: Making a Difference.

It looks like i've already bloody covered 90% of that in form periods during years 10 and 11 and AS level law!

I might enter myself in for both AS and A2 next year..
Reply 6
Original post by kfin08
Is anyone on here taking it this summer? Or has anyone taken it previously?

I'm thinking of entering for the AS exams this summer. I'm not going to do any revision or any preparation for it; it just seems like an easy 'AS' level I could achieve without much work.

Any advice you could give me on the subject itself would be appreciated too. Thanks.

How did you get on in the end? I was thinking about taking AS this year for it for the same reason lol :smile:
Reply 7
chicken

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending