french - 6
    bio - 13
    chem - 5

last yr maths - 16

Psych -33
    Maths -14
    Business -22

At AS

Significantly lower at A2, but none lower than 10.

I totally disagree with the opinion that its unfair for cambridge to ask this information. They ARE looking for academic potential, and it seems obvious to me that in a class of 5, you can fulfill your potential better than in a class of 30.

Posh school kids are just moaning as usual!

ReputationRep:
    biology: 16
    Chem: 22
    geog: 7
    music: 9 (because joint with 3 schools because class size not big enough in each school)

God, my classes are massive compared to all of yours!

Geog- about 33
    Psy- about 30
    Eng- about 30
    Hist- 15 (the only small class i have!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilee)
    I have to put the number of students in my A Level classes on my Cam college form, and I was curious about how they compare to other people's?

I have about 20 pupils in each class

U?

Emilee
    x

we started with 21 in the first year...now in the 2nd year we have 7 lol..good class

ReputationRep:
    the smallest class i hav i 24.
    the biggest 36.

Get over yourself Tek, just cos u go to a private school you think that people who go to state schools with larger class sizes shouldn't have any priority! **** off - go back to your snotty school and get over yourself - someone who gets 4 A's at a state school has worked harder in most casesa than someone who gets the same at a private school where they are spoon fed everything and told to say thier housemaster went to the same college when they apply to Oxbridge - oh yes no advantage at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tek - ???????)
    Get over yourself Tek, just cos u go to a private school you think that people who go to state schools with larger class sizes shouldn't have any priority! **** off - go back to your snotty school and get over yourself - someone who gets 4 A's at a state school has worked harder in most casesa than someone who gets the same at a private school where they are spoon fed everything and told to say thier housemaster went to the same college when they apply to Oxbridge - oh yes no advantage at all
    Oh get a life, have you nothing better to do than this? I find it very pathetic!!! Leave him alone, he's done nothing to you.
    You're probaly just jealous!

Tek ignore this loser.

ReputationRep:
    Do oxbridge look at the average grades of your school and sixth form? I hope Oxford do, i think it could be an advantage for me.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    Do oxbridge look at the average grades of your school and sixth form? I hope Oxford do, i think it could be an advantage for me.
    If you apply through the oxford access scheme at the same time as sending off your UCAS form then the profile of your school (from the number of A level students to the % going to russell group unis to the % recieving 5 GCSEs A*-C) will be provided alongside your standard application. Otherwise no

ReputationRep:
    I am at college so the classes are smaller.
    Health and Social care there is 12
    Psychology there is about the same,12

(Original post by mikesgt2)
    Oxbridge has access to this information from national database. When my parents made enquiries and commented that average point score of A level students at my school was (at that time) only 12.3, admissions staff said they would know that and more about the school from database.

ReputationRep:
    7- music
    24- psychology a rather large class
    13- sociology
    20 - eng lit

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.