The Student Room Group

HSBC Interview Feedback rant/help

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i am in the same position. I had my face to face on 24/08/2017 and so far no feedback at all. I called the hiring team couple of days ago and i was advised that my application ramains in due course. So frustrating...
IF ANY ONE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE OUTCOME. THANKS
(edited 6 years ago)
HSBC are the worst bank I’ve ever had the gross mis fortune of ever coming into contact with. The level of incompetence and inconvenience this bank causes is breathtaking.On the 3 unfortunate occasion I’ve had to call helpline (which should be re named hindrtance line), they’ve kept me on the line for over an hour on everry occasion. Twice losing me hotel bookings in the process.If your thinking of changing banks do not choose HSBC they are hopeless.Kind RegardsPaul Errock
Reply 22
That's quite quick,

I will have my face2face interview by HSBC comercial Customer Service on this coming Monday.
I am pretty nervous and a bit excited, my process took 2 weeks so far.
First online assessments and a piece of competency tests, they called me to book my telefone interview which went well and 2 days later they called me to book my face2face interview, they even talked with me about if I
am ready to start in the first week of May which I agreed!

So, I am wondering what it takes after the face2face interview, will there be a second interview or that's all?

Does any one have any tips?

Thank you guys.
did you get a reply back as yet?? i had my interview yesterday.
Original post by Pickup1
That's quite quick,

I will have my face2face interview by HSBC comercial Customer Service on this coming Monday.
I am pretty nervous and a bit excited, my process took 2 weeks so far.
First online assessments and a piece of competency tests, they called me to book my telefone interview which went well and 2 days later they called me to book my face2face interview, they even talked with me about if I
am ready to start in the first week of May which I agreed!

So, I am wondering what it takes after the face2face interview, will there be a second interview or that's all?

Does any one have any tips?

Thank you guys.

Original post by tahmina.akx
did you get a reply back as yet?? i had my interview yesterday.

What did you guys get asked in your face to face interview?? What type of questions did they ask?

Also what kind of role play did you guys get asked to do? I have an interview for Customer Service Consultant

Many thanks
Original post by R10T_N0_B0UNTY
What did you guys get asked in your face to face interview?? What type of questions did they ask?

Also what kind of role play did you guys get asked to do? I have an interview for Customer Service Consultant

Many thanks

it was all basic questions, why do i want to work there, scenario based questions. how i dealt with angry customers in the past and then a role play of me serving a customer.

How did you overcome a difficult situation with a customer?
Talk about a time you had faced a challenge and how did you overcome it? /A time where you were required to meet an objective and how did you meet it?
What is excellent customer service?
How does this role fit with plans for your future?

good luck!
Original post by R10T_N0_B0UNTY

Many thanks

hi! I alsohave a face to face interview tomorrow as a customer service consultant. i dont know if it’s a a new role or a just a new for that role.. but I’m getting confused as to what in particular are the duties
of this role? will it be account opening? or in the counters? also, can you give me
more ideas on the interview especially the role play? what situation where you given? I’m more nervous in the role play coz i hate role plays even in schools..
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Everyone,

I understand this thread was from 10 years ago but can anyone give me any updated info regarding applying for HSBC??

I applied for a Banking Portfolio Manager Apprenticeship a month ago. After quickly completing my online assessments, I was contacted for a telephone interview. I completed the telephone interview, it went well, I was told Id hear feedback within a week. A week passed, I heard nothing. I called HSBC Recruitment services to ask where my application was at, they said I had passed the interview but this doesn't guarantee I would get into the face to face interviews as they were only selecting the top candidates. Since then FOUR WEEKS has past. I email HSBC every week, asking where my application is at? Is it being took further??

Is this normal? Should I be waiting this long? Does this mean I don't have the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending