Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello anyone knows any good revising books for mei OCR. i need one for my pure maths 2 coming up in jan 2004. if you know any good links where they sell these kind for books pls reply.
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    hello anyone knows any good revising books for mei OCR. i need one for my pure maths 2 coming up in jan 2004. if you know any good links where they sell these kind for books pls reply.
    cheers
    I dont know any books, however I do know some web sites:

http://www.mathsnet.net/
    http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/drmath.college.html
    http://www.mathsfiles.com/Internet%2...20students.htm

Hope they help. BTW which modules ar you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I dont know any books, however I do know some web sites:

http://www.mathsnet.net/
    http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/drmath.college.html
    http://www.mathsfiles.com/Internet%2...20students.htm

Hope they help. BTW which modules ar you doing?

thx i need a revision book for my pure 2 maths coming up this jan 2004. board is mei ocr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    thx i need a revision book for my pure 2 maths coming up this jan 2004. board is mei ocr
    MEI OCR??? I haven't heard of that one. I am with the OCR board. P2 is hard, but P3 is harder. Just gotta do lots of exam papers, thats all I can say. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    MEI OCR??? I haven't heard of that one. I am with the OCR board. P2 is hard, but P3 is harder. Just gotta do lots of exam papers, thats all I can say. Good luck.

i ment mei structured mathsfor the exam board OCR. when do u have yur pure 3 then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    i ment mei structured mathsfor the exam board OCR. when do u have yur pure 3 then?
    June. I have done P2 and got 70/100, a bit gutted gonna re-sit.

ReputationRep:
    June. I have done P2 and got 70/100, a bit gutted gonna re-sit.
    u done it last last january u mean? yur p2 maths. how did u find s1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    u done it last last january u mean? yur p2 maths. how did u find s1?
    Hated S1, took me 20 minutes to draw the histograms cause I hate doing things to scale, it annoys me. I missed out a 9 mark question!!! I got 70/100 on that paper, which I am res-sitting. What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    me lol i got an U. didnt revise at all that stupid i was gona resit it in jan .

ReputationRep:
    I am doing OCR MEI but i just use books for OCR as the content is basically the same and you should know which bits you need to miss out for MEI... What do you think of the books you use in class? (I assume these are the same as mine - the dodgy orange colour one for P2?) I think these are okay to revise from as the methods are explained properly.. the only problem is the number of answers which are wrong in the back of the book, and sometimes even in the examples!

ReputationRep:
    Hated S1, took me 20 minutes to draw the histograms cause I hate doing things to scale, it annoys me. I missed out a 9 mark question!!! I got 70/100 on that paper, which I am res-sitting. What about yourself?
    was that in the summer? i did that paper and had similar problems... also got 70. i resat it last week + it was a much nicer paper.

I use the letts revision guides + i think they're pretty good.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    wow, that was my 750th post!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsboy)
    I am doing OCR MEI but i just use books for OCR as the content is basically the same and you should know which bits you need to miss out for MEI... What do you think of the books you use in class? (I assume these are the same as mine - the dodgy orange colour one for P2?) I think these are okay to revise from as the methods are explained properly.. the only problem is the number of answers which are wrong in the back of the book, and sometimes even in the examples!

the books are ok . u r rite sum answers at the back of the book r wrong.
    p2 doenst seem that hard but when it comes to pass papers it gets a more serios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonz)
    the books are ok . u r rite sum answers at the back of the book r wrong.
    p2 doenst seem that hard but when it comes to pass papers it gets a more serios
    the past papers are quite hard, although i found that if you look from 1998 to 2002 they do tend to get a little easier over the years (or is that just my opinion?)

we have just about finished teaching at my sixth form, and were starting to go over past papers now for january

(Original post by fonz)
    cheers
    This might help:
    MEI Structured Mathematics P2 published by Hodder & Stoughton

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2003

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.