Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused: do u guys think that this forum is educational?
    cos u find people asking questions that have nothing 2 do eith eduacation. for example........ wot r u wearin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    cos u find people asking questions that have nothing 2 do eith eduacation. for example........ wot r u wearin
    hello safiyya, how u dng?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    Depends really. I wouldn't call this site purely academically, if it where it would just be another boring geek site. This forum, I believe was designed for students, which would allow us to express anything we wanted (within the boundaries). Some of the stuff has nothing to do with education, e.g. Harry Potter trhread, Matrix, what are you weraing, etc. Whilst sometimes, if poeple are NICE and POLITE, and have a question, many of us STUDENTS are prepared to answer them. If this site had only purely ACADEMIC things, then I believe it would be EXTREMELY boring. Instead we have a diverse and multi-topical (is there such a word) forum, with threads about everything, with different opinions, and also with lots of intresting and weird members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Depends really. I wouldn't call this site purely academically, if it where it would just be another boring geek site. This forum, I believe was designed for students, which would allow us to express anything we wanted (within the boundaries). Some of the stuff has nothing to do with education, e.g. Harry Potter trhread, Matrix, what are you weraing, etc. Whilst sometimes, if poeple are NICE and POLITE, and have a question, many of us STUDENTS are prepared to answer them. If this site had only purely ACADEMIC things, then I believe it would be EXTREMELY boring. Instead we have a diverse and multi-topical (is there such a word) forum, with threads about everything, with different opinions, and also with lots of intresting and weird members.
    Exactly, it's a place for students to talk, about what they want to.

This place is about as educational as a sex shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered0)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Its educationalness ( :confused: ) is determined by the sorts of threads posted. If you want academic discussion, you post an academic thread. If you want something more social, you post something less academic. In that sense the forum is pretty flexible - quite evidently the nature of its posts are determined by its members. At the moment, I think we have a good balance. It is educational in the sense that quite often our homework questions are answered promptly by relative experts in the field. Also, discussing teen issues and problems can be seen as educational. In the end, this is a student forum - students study, yes. But above all that, they're human beings with very normal discussions.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know about you but thats quite an education!

hmm it is wat it is, dont like it then go away

ReputationRep:
    i wish my college was that interesting...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
    Aww bored Lou? Just remember what I said yesterday...

Glutton for punishment aren't I...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    So just who are you calling weird?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.