what do you consider to be a "good" IB score? Watch

IB1234
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i think 36+ will be a good score.
pinkmonty
Report 10 years ago
Um, I think just if you pass the diploma minimum (28+) then it's good. I think us IB students are a bit stuck up when it comes to points! Um, for subjects, 5 at the science HL's is good, as is 5 in Drama. For easier subjects (Env.Systems, Maths Studies, ....) 6 minimum. Most others, 5 good, 6 is better, and 7 is just amazing.

woohoo, i'm aiming for 41 points. Sorry for boasting, but... yipee!!! :eek3: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
gi.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think i will consider anything above 40 to be amazing. and 36~39 pretty good.
Posh608
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
depends really. a 6 atleast in your HL subjects and a 5 in your SL subjects to get into a good uni.
coniel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think 34 is good and 38 or more is crazy.
Oracle_163
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'd think 42+ is good =)
DOMMY.D
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aw man.. I'm in IB and my score is no where near as excellent...my mocks are in a month and I am hoping for a 31-34...is that crap?
Thingeh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At my school (new IB school, first year) 32+ is generally considered to be acceptable.

I would personally start to be content with my overall score from 36 onwards.
anmols
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Andylol)
42. Any lower = failure.
respect your thought but how much time must be allocated to studies to get such good marks.what is the pattern.
aniravi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys! A-level and IB are simply incomparable. I am predcited 38/45 in IB and I'm pretty sad about it. I do 2 sciences, 2 languages, Maths and 1 SocSci. If i had tod o A-levels 1 could just do 2 sciences and math- no socsci or languages!!!! I could have got A*AA or something like dat..i just hope i get into LSE with 38...and then let me screw up A-level students case in d uni!!!..lol...:-D
Egos
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
imo 35+ is good except some awesome universities
nica.gorbounova
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say 35+ is good and 40+ is great (without extras).
Personally I'm aiming at 37-38 without extras even though I only need 36. However it does depend on your subjects, those who take HL Math/Further Maths and HL Physics it is harder to get the 7s than in HL History or Psych. I do not see the point of figuring out what a good score is because in the end as long as you get into a uni of your choice, it's all good. =]
The Man of the Hour
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
24-30- passable
30-36- good score
36-42-- very good score
43-45-- excellent score
salement
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say above 40...
nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends entirely on the subject chosen. Normally though I'd say 24-32 is bad, 33-34 is 'alright' (not good but not bad either), 35-37 is good, 38+ is very good. But as I said before, it depends entirely on the subject imo, for e.g. I'd consider 34 to be good if the candidate had HL Maths, Physics, Chemistry.
Wolfie3006
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dont think anyone would have got a 6/7 in HL maths this year test was insane average was a low 4. I got 39 points overall was predicted 44 but meh thats how it goes exams are hard and you have language orals a month or so before exams which caps preparation in other subjects.

My skl 1st year doing IB 4/8 failed completely and 1 passed but didnt get into uni straight away (is needing to negotiate)
Astronomical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
40+? Though I suppose that would be 'very' good.
FiniteMr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The subject choices really don't make that much of a difference. Myself and one other both taking HL maths, physics, and chemistry (as mentioned in this topic) both got 44 points with 7s in the HLs. Obviously 44 is an abnormally high score for anyone, requiring a heavy bunch of luck, but the fact that we beat the others in our school in terms of points without being more gifted at all suggests the subject isn't that much of a considering factor. Except, perhaps, HL maths.
pitchayak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
36+ i guess
Georgia :)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anything above 28 should be considered as good right ? I mean, personally i really struggle with IB and its workload and would be extremely happen even with 28. On the other hand i guess some people are perfectionists or book worms and are likely to achieve 40+ so to them good is at a much higher standard ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby