The Student Room Group

My Prefect Application letter~~plz help

Hello guys~ I have written this letter in order to apply for a posion of prefects, and I thought it would be a good idea to check it in here first and so please tell me if there are any mistakes, whatever they are. thank you~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing to inform you my application for the position of Senior Prefect.

The role of Senior Prefect as I can see, is an essential part of the school’s system which act to help the school’s community and becoming a model of the school’s junior pupil, but more importantly, I see the role of Prefect as the leading demonstration of the school to the outside world as Senior Prefects are the best pupils in the school, therefore in my opinion, a Prefect have to be an all-round person.

An all-round person means the person has to be good at numerous of things, from being part of the school sports’ team to achieving great academic results in the school. However, it requires more to become a Senior Prefect, manner is also very important for Prefect as they represent the school; therefore they cannot lose their manner in front of visitors. A Senior Prefect also needs to have a will of helping because if the school needed help, prefects have to stand out and help the school. Being a Prefect also means setting an example for junior part of the school, i.e., hard working and works in on time, etc.

Although I come from an oversea country, there should be no concern about my language as I have been in England for 4 years, beside it only makes me hungry with desires to improve my English speaking by having more chances to speak to people. As a senior of the boarding’ society, 3 years of prep-time-prefecting allows me to experience how to take care of juniors; during my time in Boyer allows me to communicate with younger pupil and gain respects from them. As a boarder, staying at school gives me opportunity to help the school even during weekends, for example, I did a tour with visitors on open day; Being a marshal in two cross-country tournaments which held place at our school and helping in the prep-school examination day. These events gave me experience of how it’s like to talk to parents while representing the school. I started to take part in the school’s sport teams back in year 9; both Hockey team and Basketball team have given me chances of representing the school. I was also involved in many school concerts, from a member of the junior orchestra to a solo player, by achieving Grade 7 in piano with merit have boosted my confidence for my coming Grade 8 examination. Being a player in the current 1st basketball team allows me to improve my team work. During the expedition of Bronze Duke of Edinburg, I acted as a guide and this allows me to practice my leading skill and it has encouraged me to take part in the Gold award in this year. As well as taking part in school’s sport teams, I am currently a member of the School Charity and this has really given me joy from helping other people.

By applying for the position of Senior Prefects, I am looking to acquire responsibilities of level which I have never had, and so to constantly challenge myself to a higher level is what brings one true joy.

I am, as you can see, raring to go, ready to offer my service to the school with the utmost of my abilities and in order to gain rewards that I will treasure.

Your sincerely,
(My name)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your time and any comments will be very useful to me~
Reply 1
The first sentance is a bit ^rough on the palate^
try:I am writing to yourself to express my enthusiasm in becoming a school prefect.
apart from that
I love it...
I didn't have to write a letter for being a prefect though-maybe I got it easy:smile:
I am writing wish to inform you my application for the position of Senior Prefect.

The role of Senior Prefect, as I can see, is an essential part of the school’s system which acts to help the school’s community and becomings a role model of to the school’s junior pupils. but mMore importantly, I see the role of Prefect as the leading demonstration of the school to the outside world as Senior Prefects are seen as the best pupils in the school, t. Therefore in my opinion, a Prefect have to be an all-round person.

Being an all-round person means the person has to be good at numerous of things, from being part of the a school sports’ team to achieving great academic results in the school.

However, it requires more to become a Senior Prefect, manner decorumis also very important for Prefect as they are representing the school; therefore they cannot lose their manner decorum in front of visitors. A Senior Prefect also needs to have a will of determination to helping because if the school needed help, prefects have to stand out and help the school. Being aA Prefect also means setting an example for to the junior part of the school, i.e., ie being hard-working and handsworks in on time, etc.

Although I come from an oversea anothercountry, there should be no concerns about my language skills as I have been in England for 4 years, beside it. This only makes me more hungry with desires to improve my English speaking by having more chances to speak to people.

As a senior of the boarding society, 3 years of prep-time-prefecting allows me to experience how to take care of juniors; during my time in Boyer allows me to communicate with younger pupil and gain respects from them. As a boarder, staying at school gives me opportunity to help the school even during weekends, for example, I did a tour with visitors on open day; Being a marshal in two cross-country tournaments which held place at our school and helping in the prep-school examination day. These events gave me experience of how it’s like to talk to parents while representing the school. I started to take part in the school’s sport teams back in year 9; both Hockey team and Basketball team have given me chances of representing the school. I was also involved in many school concerts, from a member of the junior orchestra to a solo player, by achieving Grade 7 in piano with merit have boosted my confidence for my coming Grade 8 examination. Being a player in the current 1st basketball team allows me to improve my team work. During the expedition of Bronze Duke of Edinburgh, I acted as a guide and this allows me to practice my leading skill and it has encouraged me to take part in the Gold award in this year. As well as taking part in school’s sport teams, I am currently a member of the School Charity and this has really given me joy from helping other people. (This entire paragraph waffles in and on. )

By applying for the position of Senior Prefects, I am looking to acquire responsibilities of level which I have never had, and so to constantly challenge myself to a higher level is what brings one true joy.

I am, as you can see, raring to go, ready to offer my service to the school with the utmost of my abilities and in order to gain rewards that I will treasure.

Yours sincerely,
(My name)

Try not to begin each sentence with being. Try "As I Am"
Prefect should not be capitalised.
Run it through a spell-checker.
thanks foer the help :* i luv u
awh thank you i love u so much!!!!!!!!!...:wink:
This is a very good letter and you must have been really clever to have written this.I am sure that you can get a chance to be the best you can be because you can express yourswlf properly.

7TED St John wall birmingham
Is a Great letter but,I'm not use about the first paragraph.
Yeah I'd recommend fixing a few of the grammar mistakes, changing a few words (senior prefect has been used a lot) and just proof reading it. Otherwise a great letter and in sure you will have a great chance of getting in :smile:
I need that of assistant laboratory perfect
Reply 9
That Perfect, you helped me wrote my application letter to be a prefect
Reply 10
That Perfect, it helped me wrote my application letter of being a prefect
Please help me in my protocol prefect manifesto

Quick Reply