The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
fobs you off with excuses.
I want this - so many fond memories of playing this game... would love to buy it again but doubt it would be compatible with Vista :frown:
I count it as revision
fabulous_darling
Yup, so much fun! I used to cheat massively though. In fact, I cheat in most games :redface:

You could cheat in Theme Hospital?!
robbo3045
I want this - so many fond memories of playing this game... would love to buy it again but doubt it would be compatible with Vista :frown:

it is!
anna_spanner89
it is!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Now i just need to get hold of it!
SiaSiaSia

What do you think the fax machine was for? :tongue:

robbo3045
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Now i just need to get hold of it!

Fiver from most computer stores :yes:
"no farting"

yea well good game, my favourite one was either bloaty head, or where they had to go into electrolysis when they came in covered in hear :smile:

I never completed it though, I'd always buy all the land and then run out of money lol
SiaSiaSia

Yup :biggrin:

Entering certain numbers into the fax machine worked wonders. Just search for Theme Hospital cheats on google and you should find them.
Reply 49
I love this game!
Gets really stressful after a while though when everyone gets stick.
The bloaty head bit where you pop their heads is the best :yep:
Reply 50
*installs theme hospital*

Well my partner is actually working in the hospital all day (and night...) I shall play hospital manager :biggrin:
I LOVE this game..one of my all time favourites. I remember the day i completed it too...such a proud moment. :biggrin: Haha.
Reply 52
Harmonium
Did anyone used to play the original Theme Park game too? That was also brill :p:

I used to love that, and Theme Hospital! I had Theme Park World though, I think I still have it somewhere but I'm not sure if my disk will run on XP. I used to love it when you could get a massive theme park with loads of rides and then you got masses of customers coming through the gates!

I must admit though that I nearly always used the fax machine cheat when I played Theme Hospital!
Got it from Woolies a few years ago for about £3 and loved it! We still have it somewhere, but my new laptop doesn't have a disc drive :frown:
I had Theme Park, back in the days when it was sold in floppy disc format :yeah:
Reply 55
Cooro
You can buy Vista compatible versions :yep: I got mine from Game.

You don't have to buy a version especially compatible with Vista. My copy of the game must be about 10 years old and it runs perfectly on Vista; for some older copies where it was distributed as a DOS game rather than Windows then you may need DOSBox or similar to get it running.

Oh, and a reminder as always, people: Don't link to game downloads - Theme Hospital is not freeware, nor is it even abandonware (Mastertronics/Sold Out Software are still distributing it), and I can guarantee that ANY download links for it will be illegal.
Reply 56
Wow, other people who love this game as much as I do!! I brought it to uni with me (:redface: ) and everyone keeps telling me how sad I am! I love it :tongue:
Reply 57
Oh the memories haha, loved it!

"Patients are reminded not to die in the corridors" :P
Democracy
What do you think the fax machine was for? :tongue:

Cool noises? :frown:
Yeah, brilliant game. PC version rocks! I remember my dad used to play it all night when I was 13 and we had it on Playstation. I was in bed trying to get to sleep and I had to put up with the glare of the TV as he just wouldn't stop playing. It was like "Dad, I wanna go asleep...please stop playing Theme Hospital at 3am". :yawn:
I recently bought a game modelled on Theme Hospital...Hospital Tycoon. Unlike Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is just as good as Theme Park, HT is a great big steaming pile of **** with none of the charm, humour or gameplay of TH.

Latest