Turn on thread page Beta

Prince Charles could be bisexual watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    I really do not think it matters. Although i find it disgusting i think that one day every1 will be bisexual...its becoming more and more fashionable(espically among girls) in my area...

maybe the guys in ur area dnt know wot theyr doin...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeuroticSurgeon)
    Prince Charles bisexual? Firstly, its debatable whether he even should be the heir, whether the monarchy should even exist. To me it only represents British imperialism and the slavery it brought thousands of people.

However, I do think it is immoral to discriminate on the basis of sexuality, so if the throne is there (which to me it shouldn't be), we shouldn't say that Prince Charles has any less of a right to a job IF he is bisexual. Firstly, it's unfair - other princes/Kings may have been bisexual but we wouldn't have known so why blame Prince Charles? Just because the media have supposedly found out? What a load of rubbish. Secondly, this might not even be true. What then? Thirdly, why should it matter what people do in the past? Harry did drugs - the public "forgave" him for that. And fourthly, kicking Charles off the throne because he is supposedly "bi" would open that whole can of worms where people would sue the Royal Family/Government for discrimination (the act passed in Dec 2003). Also, the Monarchy is hereditary. The whole point people, of having a monarchy is that we don't decide who inherits the throne - "God" does (according to tradition). If we want to say who will and will not be King/Queen, why bother even having a monarchy at all? Why not just have a Democratic Republic, with a President? We can't make money from tourism and dictate who will and will not ascend to the throne. Simply enough - we can't have our cake and eat it.

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i tend to agree with you on this
    that its disgusting or its fashionable.
    yes its fashionable, for 16-20 year old girls. its not the sort of thing you carry on 'fashionably' into your 30s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Agreed.
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    Prince Charles bisexual? Firstly, its debatable whether he even should be the heir, whether the monarchy should even exist. To me it only represents British imperialism and the slavery it brought thousands of people.

However, I do think it is immoral to discriminate on the basis of sexuality, so if the throne is there (which to me it shouldn't be), we shouldn't say that Prince Charles has any less of a right to a job IF he is bisexual. Firstly, it's unfair - other princes/Kings may have been bisexual but we wouldn't have known so why blame Prince Charles? Just because the media have supposedly found out? What a load of rubbish. Secondly, this might not even be true. What then? Thirdly, why should it matter what people do in the past? Harry did drugs - the public "forgave" him for that. And fourthly, kicking Charles off the throne because he is supposedly "bi" would open that whole can of worms where people would sue the Royal Family/Government for discrimination (the act passed in Dec 2003). Also, the Monarchy is hereditary. The whole point people, of having a monarchy is that we don't decide who inherits the throne - "God" does (according to tradition). If we want to say who will and will not be King/Queen, why bother even having a monarchy at all? Why not just have a Democratic Republic, with a President? We can't make money from tourism and dictate who will and will not ascend to the throne. Simply enough - we can't have our cake and eat it.

is the whole reason its bein debated cos the church doesnt agree with bi-sexuality?
    surely then he wudnt b allowed to be king because hes divorced?
    they dnt agree with that either do they?

ReputationRep:

i agree, apart from the ridiculous opening statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i agree, apart from the ridiculous opening statement.
    There's nothing rediculous about it. How can you speak for people and say that? Some people do feel that way.

As for discriminating against Charles, its not. The fact is that his position would be untainable as he would also be head of the CoE that currently is in an identity crisis about the whole topic of sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    There's nothing rediculous about it. How can you speak for people and say that? Some people do feel that way.

As for discriminating against Charles, its not. The fact is that his position would be untainable as he would also be head of the CoE that currently is in an identity crisis about the whole topic of sexuality.
    imperialism and slavery...come on.

ReputationRep:
    imperialism and slavery...come on.
    Some people still have strong views.

How would you know?

Some royalists even kinda like the 'good old days' of the empire etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    Some people still have strong views.

How would you know?

Some royalists even kinda like the 'good old days' of the empire etc...
    its sensationalist.

ReputationRep:
    its sensationalist.

Which are denying, Imperialism or Slavery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    Which are denying, Imperialism or Slavery?
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    its sensationalist.
    What are you on about?

I simply addressing the view that some people have. How can you possibly understand?

Please try and reply with a bit more detail/backup - it makes the thread a lot neater!

ReputationRep:
    eh?

The opening statement suggests that the Monarchy represents imperialism/slavery. I at least partially agree on that.
    I am just curious as to what you think the Monarchy represents?

Henry II was murdered by his homosexual lover shoving a red-hot poker half a metre up his rectum.

Also, the suggestion that Prince Charles is a paedofile is disgusting!
    We dont even know if he is bisexual or not. Would you believe it this quickly if it was your best friend or a member of your family, NO

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.