The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm all done with buying stuff. Good times. :smile:
tea_cakes
I'm all done with buying stuff. Good times. :smile:

already?? wow?

and yes thats true about the pan buyage. hmm i may well do or nick my mums XD
indeed a wok is most usefuk..as mentionned stir frys are pretty quick when you get home and cba cooking much :smile: and then can be doubled up as a biggg frying pan if you wanna cook like curry or something for your friends too :smile:

orrr..masses of breakfast..or something :smile:

and yayyy for the photos and ikeamadness and generally uni hyperness...its only 6 and a half months guys :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 42
Oh my. Already?! :zomg:
Yep hehe. But I cheated - I went to Uni last year but dropped out. If I had to buy all my stuff for this year I probably wouldn't have even started yet! You guys are all super organised!
I'm waiting to see if I actually get in to my first choice to see what I'll have to buy. Although I do plan to buy lots and lots of foreign cigarettes on holiday
Nahhhh, the only thing I'm doing is buying clothes with my mother's money, claiming they're for my capsule uni wardrobe :redface:
My mum's being slowly stocking up for the past couple of months, haha. Not that I mind. If she buys it slowly then she won't notice the cost of it all, and then won't expect me to contribute! Wahey.

I've got two sets of duvet covers and pillowcases, a crockery set, two saucepans, a deep frying pan, metal spoons, and about a billion wooden spoons. It's all sat in a box up in my attic :biggrin: They've just built the Ikea in Southampton, so we'll be heading there soon!

Some people aren't getting stuff till they know they get in, but I'm predicted well above my offer, and even if I don't go to Uni I'll have to move out at one point - and I'll have all my stuff ready!
I have sort of, but I'm on a Gap Year. I have some cutlery and a corkscrew that I bought when I moved out last summer, and now I've been doing trips abroad, I've picked up some postcards and paintings and general decorationy things.
Reply 48
:groovy: I started yesterday... bought myself some plates! wooo!!
Reply 49
I'm rubbish at "serious" shopping. The first thing I bought on my list was two posters. I suppose it's a good thing — the thought of sitting in my new room with my new posters will motivate me more to get the grades I need.

Or, I'll fail and stay at home with my two rolled-up posters. :biggrin:

I'm asking my friends for plant suggestions too. I must have a plant.
Reply 50
mikeleeuk

Orchids are cool, and don't grow too big, you have to be a bit careful looking after them though. :smile:
mikeleeuk

http://www.thepocketgarden.com/

Here are ideas to grow your own plants and fruits ^^ im thinking of Lavdender/Violia/wild strawberry/
I got a baby cactus when I moved. Purely because it was cute heh.
I've bought a lamp :yep:
Reply 55
Oh right, sorry! I'm getting smaller stuff, and stuff on offer, so I don't have to rush out and buy anything. I've also bought some under bed storage that I'm keeping all the uni stuff in. :p: But if you see anything you think'd be really good, such as a cool trinket, or some duvet covers, then go for those. :smile:

I'd probably leave larger stuff such as pots and pans, duvets and pillows, lamps and rugs until later (unless you're going to use them in the mean time). :biggrin:
Reply 56
Sapphire_Eyes
http://www.thepocketgarden.com/

Here are ideas to grow your own plants and fruits ^^ im thinking of Lavdender/Violia/wild strawberry/

That's a really good idea. I've put it on my list. :tongue:

I've got that printed off... would most universities already have a toaster and a kettle in the shared kitchens, or do I really need to take my own?
Reply 57
mikeleeuk
I've got that printed off... would most universities already have a toaster and a kettle in the shared kitchens, or do I really need to take my own?

As Starvla said. I'd just like to add, that you should wait until you've applied for accomodation before buying stuff like that if you don't have the spare money/space, but if you see it cheap somewhere you'll probably need it in your second year and beyond anyway, so don't worry too much about getting stuff you don't need if you get what I mean. :biggrin:
No, maybe closer to the time when I know what is happening haha!
Reply 59
I'm worried if I do I'll jinx it and fail my A-Levels.

I did buy a printer though, but only because our home one has started playing up, so my Mum said we might as well get a new one for now that I can take to uni. Also my Mum hasn't thrown away a plate, pot or pan since she started collecting them after her marriage in 1987! So I'll probably be stealing all those.

I'm not really sure what I need. I spend the majority of my time in my room anyway, so its already kinda 'studenty'. I already have a TV, DVD player, laptop and speakers and stuff, mirror, cushions, blankets, fairy lights, bin, piggy bank.... The only thing I think I will need to buy is a desk lamp...... am I missing anything? That sounds way to short a list.

Latest

Trending

Trending