Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Beards fashionable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It seems every famous guy i see on tv at the mo has either long stubble or a beard. Do you think its becoming fashionable? Do you like it? Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Beards are like chainsaws and fishnet stockings.

Every man should own one.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we're re-living the hippie phase?

ReputationRep:
    I hope not. Well actually it depends what you mean. Stubble/long stubble looks really good. Big Father Christmas beards, however, do not look good (on the young).

ReputationRep:
    i quite like a lil bit of stubble, bit rugged you knw
    so long as your not full on blackbeard

ReputationRep:
    i loved my beard - flatmates persuaded me to shave it off when i was drunk - a messy job...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamdeviant)
    It seems every famous guy i see on tv at the mo has either long stubble or a beard. Do you think its becoming fashionable? Do you like it? Opinions?
    Anything to do with the fact you have a bit of a beard?

ReputationRep:
    oh no, i dont mean santa or like caveman type beards. i mean so you can still see skin underneath but longer than stubble.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind them, personally. Stubble, beard, or other.

I saw a guy I knew from school around college the other day, and he's now sporting long hair and a bushy beard in a sort of death metal way. There's something quite mature about the "look, I can grow a beard!" thing.

ReputationRep:

Now tell me that doesn't look good!

ReputationRep:
    Just not a Van Dyke. Never a Van Dyke.

They make anyone who is wearing one look like a total douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    Anything to do with the fact you have a bit of a beard?
    partly yeah, i mean im only trying it out as ive always been clean shaven and never the most fasionable person so thought id give it a go. But i just didnt know if anyone actually the whole beard look and if theyd class it as fashionable

ReputationRep:
    I dont like beards at all. Just think it looks dirty =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)

Now tell me that doesn't look good!
    i think you can only pull off one of those if you have long hair too. imagine having short hair and one of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamdeviant)
    partly yeah, i mean im only trying it out as ive always been clean shaven and never the most fasionable person so thought id give it a go. But i just didnt know if anyone actually the whole beard look and if theyd class it as fashionable
    personally, beards aren't attractive, but stubble can be. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i dont intend to have a beard, its more me not being arsed to shave since it takes too long in my morning routine and is rather tedious!

ReputationRep:
    no, imo.

ReputationRep:
    Eew beards.
    Yeah, they are a huge turn off for me. Stubble is fine, but my ex grew a proper long (and ginger) beard and it really grossed me out going anywhere near it.
    I try not to be shallow, but i guess maybe i have a little phobia or something? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Fashionable, no. A mark of dedication, yes.

I'm going for something like this :

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.