Turn on thread page Beta

i would jus like to no ypur views on drink driving.im am writing a persuasive essay and im curious as to what others think on the matter.what should be done to those caught....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by andy 123)
    i would jus like to no ypur views on drink driving.im am writing a persuasive essay and im curious as to what others think on the matter.what should be done to those caught....
    They should have to face their victim/potential victim and apologise and try to make amends.

what if they havent caused an accident should they be punished

ReputationRep:
    If they've killed or injured a person because of their actions, then they should face the family of the victim.

ReputationRep:
    yes. Too many deaths occur through recklessness, by intoxicating yourself you are increasing the risks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Yes - if you are going to be irresponsible you should have to face the possible consequences of your actions - especially when (as with drink driving) the consequences are far more likely to affect someone else than yourself (ie you're more likely to kill a pedestrian on the way to the shops than yourself).

i totally agree with what everybody is saying..do you think they should be banned or fined...i know somebody who is up for this today and i just wondered how people fealt towards people caught over the limit.

ReputationRep:
    evn if nothin serious happens they should have a punishment. theres always next time...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I think they should be banned and forced to retake their test after the banning period. I think regardless of if they've caused an accident or not they should have to apologise to the relatives of someone who was killed by a drunk driver, or to someone who has been seriously injured by a drink driver...even though it doesn't apply directly to what they've done it would make people think twice about what kind of impact drink driving has.

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I think they should be banned and forced to retake their test after the banning period. I think regardless of if they've caused an accident or not they should have to apologise to the relatives of someone who was killed by a drunk driver, or to someone who has been seriously injured by a drink driver...even though it doesn't apply directly to what they've done it would make people think twice about what kind of impact drink driving has.
    That is what happens pencil queen. If you are found guilty of drink driving you are banned and have to take a retest lasting twice as long as a normal test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Seriously uncalled for. :mad:
    ban alcohol?

close all pubs??

surely lives are more important than goin out drinkin, gettin pissed, gettin screwed - and killing people in the process.

ShOcKzZ Iz aLwAyZ EnTiTlEd tO HiS oPiNiOn
    You do not have the right to challenge my views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    ban alcohol?

close all pubs??

surely lives are more important than goin out drinkin, gettin pissed, gettin screwed - and killing people in the process.

ShOcKzZ Iz aLwAyZ EnTiTlEd tO HiS oPiNiOn
    You do not have the right to challenge my views

No, I was referring to the kill them all comment.

ReputationRep:
    if someone is so selfish as to risk not only the life of him/herself, and reck the lifes of those around the vitims, then i think they should be banned for life driving.

anyone who drinks and drives is seriously in my bad books

ReputationRep:
    Drunk drivers should have thier cars seized and sold. Then the government should keep the money and put some of it towards designated drivers programs and advertising to stop drunk driving.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.